Thread: Bike Infantry
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

One thing to keep in mind for loading on the bikes is that by 1999-2001 the food situation in Europe may be keeping people on the lean side no matter what - i.e. I dont see many people being well fed by then and that will reduce loading on the bikes

also bicycle born infantry may require that you be more lightly loaded - thus arent going to see someone with a full combat load on a bike unless they were small to begin with

Per the original rules - Bicycles: A bicycle has no load of its own; a character riding a bicycle can carry his personal load. He travels at half
speed if encumbered. If unable to ride (see Terrain below) a character may walk his bicycle at his off-road walking speed; its weight does not count against his load limit. it says that they cant go thru swamps or forest except along a dirt road - however I cant see what they are defining as a bike - i.e. a regular bike or a mountain bike

From the description in the game it sounds like a military version of a bicycle made for the military and not just a Schwinn -

i.e. Bicycle: A rugged, military model. Bicycles are among the few vehicles still being manufactured in any quantity.
Tr Mov: 60/20, Com Mov: 20/10, Wt: 15 kg, Price: $1000 (V/V)

Last edited by Olefin; 06-28-2018 at 07:36 AM.