View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 12:55 PM

Default Out now.

I am out of the Army now, having spent 20 years. Held five MOS 12F, 19K, 74D, 89D, and 91W.

Started as a 19k (M1 tank crew) and would mostlikey have been one for entire time, but clerks screwed up somthing. I was an Spc (E-4) about ready to pin on my 5 and they told me that I either had to take a reduction or find a new home as they put me in the wrong MTOE slot, so I went to be a 12F (heavy combat engineer) I was suppsed to be a CEV Gunner, about the time that I completed my training the Army decided to get rid of all CEV's so I got to be a regular combat engineer (no offense to any one who did that job and liked it). That job sucked big time, so I got out and joined the UT Guard, one of my high scool buddys was in it at the time and so I signed up to be a 91B (Combat medic, later changed to 91W Medic), I did that for a couple of years and then the Army told me to be a combat engineer again. As I was comeing up on my ETS I told my command I was getting out, when my commander asked why told him I hate being a combat engineer, so he offered me the position of being the unit 74D (NBC NCO) I did that for a couple of years. After my first deployment were we got to work with EOD I applied and was accepted as an 89D (EOD Tech), I did that for next eight years and then got out.

Last edited by CDAT; 02-02-2014 at 10:46 AM.