View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 12:11 AM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
I think that you can make the lemons and do it with Marc's blessing as long as there is a good reason behind it - from what he told me he is willing to revisit areas if you do it with some kind of mission as part of it

i.e. you bring the 28th back to PA but maybe its to locate more supply caches

or you can have a bunch of guys from the 28th sent to get the supplies that Civgov just grabbed in Allegheny Uprising that they are planning to keep for themselves to use to get to the Ohio Valley - but instead they are going to make sure they stay in PA - it would be a way to finally have Civgov versus Milgov combat in the game which would be a new dynamic
Or the Governor of PA hears rumors from the recon of Bolivar, WV, with its stacks and stacks of provisions and military gear. Time for a surprise takeover and haul-back of vitally-needed ammo, spare parts, medicine, and shelf-stable food that is sitting there. That could be a campaign right there, with a "civilian" convoy trying to sneak its way close to the supply depot, then a covert insertion, and decapitation of the NA command structure, leading to chaos and an opportunity to shove the Nammies (New Americans) out of the town before the supplies can be destroyed or the security forces can regroup. Maybe some of the more amenable Allegheny militias might contribute some forces for a cut of the haul. And the refugee camps at Reading, Pottstown, and Allentown might be canvassed for volunteers for manpower and/or morale boosting--heroes returning to their camps with supplies, tools, arms, and a story to tell about potential for improving their lot--hope for the future.