Thread: Bike Infantry
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
I see bikes as being useful in safer areas, but stupidly dangerous when contact with the enemy is likely.
A cyclist is moving too fast to keep proper awareness of their surrounds along a fairly restricted and obvious route. The risk of rolling into an ambush with devastating results is extreme as can be seen in the links unkated posted.
I agree - bike infantry is a great way to give you better mobility but it has the same issues that motorcycle infantry had - but without the greater speed to get out of dodge if you get ambushed - on the other hand they are much quieter than powered vehicles so they do make for good scout vehicles

as for the routes - depends what types of bikes you have - i.e. a mountain bike is literally the "roads, where we are going we dont need roads" kind of vehicle - its not a jeep but its better than just walking

and considering the authors of the canon went out of their way to mention cities still making bicycles its pretty much implied they are being used a lot by 2001