View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
This is a German Flat Wagon I think Soviet cars would look like this
The wagon car I pictured is one of the most commonly used in Poland for (non-timber) over-sized loads since the 1970s. The wagons you show are far too short to fit a helicopter.

The Soviet cars wouldn't fit on Polish tracks. Even at the height of the Iron Curtain era, Poland didn't adopt the Soviet rail system. Soviet gauge was 1520mm, Poland standard industry was/is 1435mm.

I suppose I should have pointed out from the initial post, the PCs aren't stealing the helicopter and flying to meet a train. They stole the helicopter months previous, stashed it somewhere (coincidentally, less than 100k from Konin), continued on their trek through the country, and now, reaching the train, remembered the helicopter, checked on it, and someone suggested (ludicrous idea) carrying the helicopter on the train.

The helicopter, of course, wouldn't fit in nor on any standard wagon/cabin/container (it's far too long). Discovering that Poland freight has a commonly-used longer car, the idea grew into a hazardous possibility. But risk assessment of likely hazard to possible benefit is worthwhile, so further consider is being taken. The PCs might not do it (probably will), but it's certainly worth investigating since flying the copter across Poland/Germany, or north to Latvia, is just as likely to draw fire (with less defenses) as taking Straczynki's train.

I wondered if anyone had done this before.

Last edited by puška; 07-09-2018 at 05:38 AM. Reason: fixed numerical typo