View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 10:53 AM

There isn't as wide of a variance in PKP Cargo as some countries might have. I lived in Kraków for 5-6 years in late/early 90s/00s, and a friend was a (don't remember the Polish term) railyard stevedore for PKPCargo. That's where the suggestion of the longest freight wagon (the german model i pictured above). Most wagons in the 90s are going to be hodge-podge of Polish-made with a LOT from Germany, some from Hungary, and still a few more of Czechoslovakian make.

Now that I've played T2K, I do wish I could go back and visually mark some places around the city and countryside for details within the game. Like one module that states you can see the river from a certain overlook and, as I remember and have photos from, you simply cannot see the river from there.

Legbreaker's estimate of common lengths is correct, but (I would make the educated guess based on types of freight being shipped & origin/destination) southern Polish lines are going to be using the long cars more often than northern lines. In Poland circa the canon years, there's is little chance the railyard outside Konin would not have a long freight wagon.

In our playing, canon cannot be canon when it is written that way by guys who just didn't have complete information when they wrote it. Limiting possible options to only the cars described as being the only available for PCs during the game is more ludicrous than disassembling a helicopter to transport it via a freight train wagon.

[For contacting PKP, there's no inherent need for an email to be in Polish; unlike German and Russian, Polish folks I've known love opportunities to speak or write in English.]
[I've not yet read the Colo Springs thread... the other half of our household was born and grew up there; her father was a hardware engineer for the Mountain '61-'74.]