Thread: Penal Units
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I think NATO units would use POW as a labor force. I don't know what the Geneva Conventions say about making prisoners work
[/I]
Articles 27 to 34 covers labor by prisoners of war. Work must fit the rank and health of the prisoners. The work must not be war-related and must be safe work. Remuneration will be agreed between the Belligerents and will belong to the prisoner who carries out the work.

Both the British and Canadians used German POW as an Agriculture Work Force. In German Migrants in Post-war Britain it states "In 1947 the Ministry of Agriculture argued against repatriation of working German prisoners, since by then they made up 25 percent of the land workforce, and they wanted to use them also in 1948."

The US has really had to deal with large number of POW since WW II. I know some of you are thinking "hey The First Gulf War" But NO the US never held large amounts of Iraqi POW's. All of the Iraqi POW's were transferred to the Saudis after US collection and processing as they were "Brothers in Arms", you find this in the US Army War College Paper "Enemy Prisoners Of War (EPW) Operations Operation Desert Storm" I have a copy if anybody wants it.

Anyway there going a series of camps in Europe and the US and Canada for sure These camps would be broken down along ethnic make-up (See Below) so as to maximize the Psy-Ops effort for recruitment as informants or double agents/insurgents. These facilities will far to the rear of the fighting possible in Western Germany along its border with other NATO nations or in the UK. These camps would also have liaison officers from non-military organizations such as the CIA, NSA, Army Counterintelligence, and CID etc. Most of the High Value EPW would most likely be transported back to CONUS for torture ….I mean processing.

Here what I have for camps

USSR Camps

Russian
Ukrainian
Belarusian
Estonian
Lithuania
Latvian
Moldavian
Kazakhs
Georgian
Uzbeks
Tajiks
Yagnobi
Uzbeks
Kyrgyz
Turkmen
Tatars
Arabic
Azerbaijan
Armenians

Warsaw Pact Nations

Albanians
Bulgarians
Czechs
Slovaks
Hungarians
Polish
Romanians

Non Warsaw Pact

Mongolia
Serb
Croatian
Cuban

Special Status Camps (Retained Personnel and Other Detainees

Displaced Civilians
Sympatric Germans (Former East German Military) (German Run Only)
French Citizens (Held until repatriated to France by IRCC)

High Value Camps

GRU
KGB
General Staff Officers
Communist Party Officials
Pilots/Air Crew
Naval Officers

Last edited by rcaf_777; 10-28-2017 at 07:23 PM.