View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM

Fortunatley I avoided combat, but I've trained intensively with the L1A1, M16A1, F88 and M60 (plus a few other less relevant systems). I'd have to say that I like the L1A1 for it's hitting power and solid contruction (now there's a weapon you can really smack somebody about with!), and the M60 is definately my favourite (what's not to like about a belt fed machinegun?), but for general patrolling and assault, the Steyr is the better weapon (note I'm ignoring the M16).

In it's base form (without accessories) it's perfectly balanced as I've already indicated around the pistol grip. It can be fired accurately one handed (although I'd advise tucking the stock into the shoulder anyway) which leaves the off hand to do other tasks such as open doors, carry equipment, etc.

The 30 round mags are ok, certainly better than the 20 rounds of the L1A1, and the weapon of course is capable of automatic fire. It is however not suited to automatic due to it's light weight - still, it's a good option to have for close range "panic" fire.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem