View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
I would be thinking that he would be looking to get live rounds as soon as the war began if he didnt before - Littlefield loved those tanks and vehicles - and there is no way he would have given them up without a fight - and given the amount of money and connections he had getting shells to arm the tanks he had (and no I dont mean he gets six full ammo loads for them I mean enough to maybe fill the racks once or so) with live barrels makes a hell of a lot of sense - especially after the TDM as things got very down and dirty

Again keep in mind this is a man who spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars to get parts and vehicles per year. Hell he could have even gotten them in trade after the TDM - oh you need a place to repair that M60 - well I have all the parts and mechanics you need for sure - that will cost you a dozen shells or two dozen shells

And frankly those arguments about old tanks versus modern ones - if MilGov is using engineering vehicles with demo guns as tanks I would much rather have an actual tank with an actual gun designed to take on tanks any day than a gun that wasnt designed to take on tanks - plus a lot of the vehicles he had were perfectly good APC's and recon vehicles that only needed a 50 cal and off they go - like the Ferret he had for instance
How much ammunition is likely to be available for, for instance, a Sherman or a vehicle with a .30 cal machinegun on it though?