Thread: Survival skills
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 08:42 AM
The Stat Guy

The lack of specificity in T2K has always bothered me. For example, firing a mortar in T2K is subsumed under Grenade Launcher -- My first MOS was 11C (mortar gunner) and I know they are nothing alike -- mortar gunners have to demonstrate not only proficiency with the mortar, they have to demonstrate it with the M-203 as well. Firing a Mk 19 is more akin to firing a heavy machinegun than firing a grenade launcher. Using a hand-held laser designator is a talent unto itself, and is much different than using a designator on a FISTV. Firing a TOW from a ground mount is very different than firing it from an ITV or a Bradley. The list goes on and on. But there's only so far you go with that specificity before the game has become unwieldy and unplayable. If you have to spend a whole game session just coming up with your characters, that's too much for to ask of players.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com