View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott Shaull View Post
Yeah I would think some officer would of grew a brain and realize it could be used against anyone else coming along later.
When you disable a tank, there are certain items that are taken...the firing pin for the main cannon, the back plates and recoil springs for the machineguns. Items that you couldn't take, like radios, you zeroed the voice security system (cleared it), took the radios off the operational freqs, common sense stuff.

There was even a drill for a "quicky" disable, you simply dumped thermite grenades in the turret and let it do its thing.

So I kinda doubt that 40+ M-1 would have been left in fighting condition...at the very least I would expect the radios to be burned, the gunner's primary sights to be damaged if not outright destroyed. There may be a chance of the gunner's secondary sight remaining operational...but with the computer and primary sight being knocked out...