View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 07:53 AM

ArmySgt:

These are good questions you have raised. Let me see if I can answer based on times I have played Damocles.

1) Damocles out by itself....to me, no brainer.

2) Communications: Could be low frequency, buried cable, heck, even satellite. IIRC, there is commo as part of environmental sensors.

3) No support team: I see what you are saying, but there is the other side of the coin:

(Picture if you will, a KGB officer and his control)

"Yes, sir, a platoon of US Army SF in the middle of Michigan. Yes, sir. No visible base. Yes, sir, the USSF are stationed Around the structures you see pictured here....."

Now a FROZEN SF force....that could be NASTY!!!! Wakes up upon first alert from Damocles. Soon as team crosses mine field, or starts shooting support towers, or other wise makes a nuisance of self. By the time team penetrates entrance bunker, there is a 12 man A-Team ready, willing and ABLE to stop you.

REALLY,REALLY NASTY: SF wakes when MRU destroyed....Damocles has instant link to MRU, Damocles KNOWS this is built on M60, knows (probably to last decimal place) how much force needed to destroy MRU, so that IF MRU stops transmitting that abrupt, like a TOW or Armbrust into the guts of MRU, even if team can pull this off without observation....SF Team wakes up.

4) Sewer, water, etc. The base was not designed for permanent occupancy. Programers, techs, etc in and out as needed. This can be glossed over, I think.

My $0.02

Mike