View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 09:53 AM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
Like this?
I will attest from personal experience..... that style of stove is just garbage. It is all riveted together and you can't get in and clean it. Ours was so fouled that it barely produced a flame even after building a tripod and hoisting the can almost 8 feet off the ground.

The round "Yukon" stoves are far, far better. Honestly, the whole drip fuel thing was a pain in the ass and I blame the regulators dribbling out diesel fuel. Stoke a Yukon with wood or coal and they will glow a nice cherry red.

I would give them the round Yukon or one of these THESE three dog or four dog guide stoves with a baker and water boiler. Early teams would get the Yukon and 90's or later the civvie stove based on availability.

Seriously, if you see a round Yukon for sale somewhere; snatch that baby up.

The only thing the "New" stove comes with that is good... the thermo electric fan. Set that directly on the stove and it will begin circulating heat.

We are talking about the Morrow Project though...... So you have a lovely fusion powersource parked outside. A high output electric heater will do just fine without diesel, kerosene, or firewood needing collected. Won't smother you with carbon monoxide while your sleeping either.