Thread: Project Bases
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
So if you RECON Teams can support roughly 600km, is it radius from the bolthole?

How would you calculate the number of recon teams in Arkansas, NOT taking into account special locations or concerns, just pure area?

I am thinking of putting a RECON Team for each County and then a group of Counties would get a higher level command, say District Operations Center/Facility,under my naming, that would house the Specialty Teams and Supplies.

So for Arkansas I would have something like 75 RECON Teams, one for each County. And then assign District Commands for every 1 Million people or something?
The basic problem for the Project is how big can you be while maintaining security and how many survivors can you help. The best breakdown I have ever seen can be found on the supply bunker web site under "Social Engineering and Sociogenesis, The Project's Real Goals", here Steve Jackson theorizes a Project of 20,000 broken down into 5,400 recon, 2,200 science, 2,200 MARS, 2,400 medical, 1,600 engineering, 1,600 agriculture, 1,400 transportation and 3,200 support.

Now, I feel that with the longer lead that I use, Project reaches some 50,000 personnel, I use different percentages, but the big three are Recon, MARS/Science and Medical.

According to 3rd edition, Arkansas has five major targets (not including that speed trap town that gave me a ticket!), these are Little Rock with 2MT, Pine Bluff Army Arsenal with 3 500KT warheads, Blythville AFB with a biological warhead, Little Rock AFB with 100 2MT warheads and Russelville Nuclear Reactor with 4 200KT warheads.

Based on the target scatter and likely fallout patterns, this rules out planning on a team per county and even a team based on estimated population. Using FEMA and Hurricane Katrina as an example, the entire impacted area received assistance from just under 500 FEMA employees, a bit over 2,000 civil defensive personnel, roughly 4,000 Regular and National Guard personnel and an estimated 20,000 contractors. About 27,000 personnel to assist the three states impacted by the hurricane...and it was not enough!!! It took over three years to rebuild enough to have all the assistance leave and the coastal regions have still not economically recovered. Even in 2017, New Orleans still has areas of the city that has not been cleaned up, let alone rebuilt.

The major argument about the Project is the numbers, with an estimated 95% death rate, you are looking at some 332,500,000 dead out of a population of 350,000,000 or only some 17,500,000 survivors. 50,000 people are still not enough....