View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpipes View Post
Actually, my understanding is that he was multi-engine rated by 1994. He definitely has his commercial license now. If you watch the 1995 movie Congo, he is the 727 pilot, and I remember reading an article on the movie and it was commented at that time that he was licensed to fly it, so he was at least rated in 727s then. I had a girlfriend that grew up living by "Uncle Jimmy" and he was taking her up on multi-engine aircraft years before then. He flies a LOT and has a ton of hours by 1996. According to an article on the Widgeon landing accident he had in 1994, he had over 1500 hours logged; 400 in multiengine aircraft.
Yeah, I forgot about his Falcons. He's owned a pair of three-engine business jets over the years (a Falcon 50 and a Falcon 900). He's just much better known for his amphibians (the Widgeon, Albatross, pair of Caravans, and Goose). He has type ratings for the Cessna Citation, Falcons, and Albatross. I've never seen anything about him being qualified on the 727, but he could have let that expire since there are only a few dozen left.