View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fact275 View Post
I have to remember at the time when I was 16-20 that we played T:2000 not so much for its post-nuclear world but because it was a military RPG and there were few of those. You had Merc (I think), Delta Force, and then the Merc:2000 supplement. Phoenix Force provided modern firearms rules. T:2000 was the most fleshed out.
This is why I liked (and still like) T2k: other post-apoc games leave me cold.

Quote:
I tried running Merc:2000 but I found my friends had less interest in a game that took place in Nigeria or the Philippines with (fictional) wars that they couldn't relate to. WWIII of course was all too real a thought.
That's too bad: I had a lively game of Merc running for about 2 years in the mid-90s. Anymore, I have trouble coming up with fictional wars that I'd want to run/play, they seem all too real.

Regarding your gaps:
Most of these, I think were places that GDW felt they didn't need to define.

6. I still have the price tags left on some of my modules, would you believe they were $7 or $8? The idea of a Challenge article for "what could happen next" would have been super cool!
I was pleasantly surprised at a convention years ago to find lots of interest in playing T2k; it seems to be largely nostalgia-based, though there are some that enjoy it as a military/WW3 game. I joined forces with that GM, as he was running tables of 12 or more people, several times over.

Last edited by Adm.Lee; 05-19-2016 at 07:35 PM.