View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Al View Post
Question was asked in seriousness, and I appreciate the responses. The one question that comes to mind from what I have read, is why should we assume that the gangs are willing to play by the unwritten rules?

But not just the gangs either, there are many groups that if they could get the firepower would use it.

Yes, the ANG will be called out, and the fact that a *lot* of Iraq vets are on the beat these days will help, but what of the long term effects?
Gang bangers, at least the sucessful ones, would realize that there are certain limits that cannot be crossed. They are often buried deep in the production and distribution of illegal drugs, and you can't sell when everyone is busy using AKs on everything moving. This is part of the reason that the gang wars tend to be short, but bloody affairs, sure you have to earn your street cred, but you are also out there trying to control terriority and sell your product.

The biggest problem would be the smaller gangs, trying to cut out their own territory and get their piece of the pie, then it would become a race as to who gets them first, the larger established gangs or LEA.

While the initial thread is about gangers, I think the ones most likely to go full-auto off the deep end would be the various "militias" around the country. Especially after nukes started popping and fed/state/local government started breaking down. A lot of these groups are counting on this so that they can start their own countries ala New America...this may be the largest according to GDW...but they certainly wouldn't be the only ones.