View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:15 PM

A few minor nits to pick with you, Bobcat. Yes I agree that Morrow should have had more in the way of prepositioned equipment and supplies.

However, C.O.T. planned that the MP force would be up and running three to five years after TEOTWAWKI. They figured that there would be surviving equipment, supplies and more importantly, personnel for Morrow to help in the rebuilding.

You also had the regional supply depots, like the one mentioned in Starnaman. This is an excellent way for a GM to add or subtract what ever he/she felt MP needed to help rebuild.

The biggest thing to remember is that MP was designed to assist others. Not carry the entire load by themselves. When a team wakes up per game rules, they are usually on their own. PLUS it has been 150+- YEARS since TEOTWAWKI. All of the knowledge and supplies that MP was counting on IS GONE!!! So a research team is a necessary evil just to SURVIVE. A team in TMP universe is in a world of hurt.

Most of the time, what I have seen in campaigns is the Morrow team trying to implement 1850-1870 tech level to an area. This type of tech with a leavening of Morrow fire power to keep the bad guys honest, seems to work the best. With a judicious amount of training in crop rotation, settlement sanitation and water purification, a Morrow team can be a tremendous influence for good in a local area.

My $0.02

Mike