Thread: TW2k13
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 09:12 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
While the Reflex has rules for extreme weather, people wanting even more accurate rules for extremely cold weather (like nuclear winter) might enjoy this. This is work in progress so suggestions are taken.

Extreme hot and hot weather clothes protect down to +10 degrees centigrade, mild down to +0, cold down to -20 and extreme cold to -35. Weather one grade worse without proper shelter causes the character to get chilly and sleeping properly will be impossible. Inactivity counts as light work, meaning just being does not increase fatigue but won't decrease it either. Weather two grades or more beyond the threshold causes all activity without shelter to be heavy work in terms of fatigue and character accumulates fatigue twice as fast as he normally would (that is, heavy work causes fatigue every 30 minutes).

Upon reaching critical fatigue, the character becomes malignantly hypothermic, causin him to lose consciousness. Unless someone intervenes and brings the character in to a shelter and begins a slow warming up of the character, the character will perish due to the basic functions of the body failing. To warm up a malignantly hypothermic character properly requires a Medicine (COG, TN+2 or TN if character had Intensive Care qualification). Failure causes the character to enter shock and requires resuscitation to keep the character among the living.

Clothing can be layered, however. Two sets of hot weather clothing work as mild, two mild as cold and a set of mild and cold weather clothing as extreme cold weather clothing, but cause a -2 to any check requiring physical action due to stiff joints.

Extreme hot weather rules coming up, once I figure them out. Any comments?
What would be the effect of extreme cold on weapons? Also can you do one for high altitude fighting. I am looking to have some battles in the Alp regions.