RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2015, 08:57 PM

Default Quotes

“Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is

simple. This has been my whole life’s motto.”

—Mikhail Timofeyevitch Kalashnikov
Tis better to see them afor they see you.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:13 PM

Name:  3bf82ce08bfb666701623ef030b68f5c.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  46.6 KB
Old 09-03-2015, 09:04 AM

Never refuse the chance to piss.
Attributed to the Duke of Wellington
Old 09-03-2015, 11:41 AM

If you did it and lived, you probably did it right.... Author, unknown airborne soldier.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:36 PM

Default Not really mine

And I do not know where it came from but;

"It is not the bullet with my name on it that scares me, you can not avoid that, It is that damn to whom it may concern that drives me crazy."
Tis better to see them afor they see you.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:37 PM

My personal one:

"No game plan survives first contact with its players" - after von Moltke.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Banned

thats a good one

and have seen it both as a GM and as a player
Old 09-18-2015, 05:19 PM

"When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a German will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one either. We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it's the blood and guts of what once was your best friend beside you, you'll know what to do!"

"I don't want to get any messages saying, "I am holding my position." We are not holding a Goddamned thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls and kick the living shit out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through him like crap through a goose; like shit through a tin horn!"

"From time to time there will be some complaints that we are pushing our people too hard. I don't give a good Goddamn about such complaints. I believe in the old and sound rule that an ounce of sweat will save a gallon of blood. The harder WE push, the more Germans we will kill. The more Germans we kill, the fewer of our men will be killed. Pushing means fewer casualties. I want you all to remember that."

The General paused. His eagle like eyes swept over the hillside. He said with pride, "There is one great thing that you men will all be able to say after this war is over and you are home once again. You may be thankful that twenty years from now when you are sitting by the fireplace with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what you did in the great World War II, you WON'T have to cough, shift him to the other knee and say, "Well, your Granddaddy shoveled shit in Louisiana." No, Sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say, "Son, your Granddaddy rode with the Great Third Army and a Son-of-a-Goddamned-Bitch named Georgie Patton!"
Old 09-18-2015, 07:06 PM

“Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

- Gen. Douglas MacArthur
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake
Old 09-18-2015, 11:12 PM

One of my (many) favourite scenes from Platoon:

Taylor: It's the way the whole thing works. People like Elias get wasted. People like Barnes just go on making up the rules any way they want. So what do we do? Sit in the middle and suck on it. We just don't add up to dry shit, King.

King: Whoever said we did, man? All you got to do is make it out of here, and it's all gravy. Every day, the rest of your life, gravy.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

--Ike, about Gen. MacArthur: "I studied theatrics under him for five years."

--Gen. Wm. T. Sherman, to Union medical officers complaining about the strongwilled "Cyclone in Calico" Maryanne "Mother" Bickerdyke's red-tape shredding methods of caring for wounded troops: "She ranks me!"