RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Europeans???

kcdusk 11-04-2005, 03:26 AM It just occurred to me.

Out of the regular posters here, they are either Australian or American. Funny, since T2K is set in Europe.

If i've missed a regular poster who is European, my apologies.

Targan 11-04-2005, 03:30 AM Antenna is a viking. And I've seen posts from two guys in the UK. I guess Australians and Americans are more war-like. Maybe the Europeans are frightened. I'd live in a state of perpetual paranoia if I was from Belgium.

ReHerakhte 11-04-2005, 03:57 AM In regard to the Europeans on the forums, there are a few but I think that the reason you are seeing more Aussies is because you slack bastards only just found the forums but all at the same time!

But seriously... When I first joined this forum there were perhaps three of us from Down Under, now there are four or more of us just from Western Australia with at least two others from 'over east'.

My mate Tigger is from the UK and so is RainbowSix but I would hazard a guess that most of the non-English speaking Europeans probably have forums in their native languages and don't often come here. I recall seeing some French Twilight and Dark Conspiracy sites in the distant past and I know there were a few websites in English by Scandinavian players.

Along with Antenna, there was a second guy from Sweden but I haven't seen any posts from him lately (but I know a number of people here are non-posting members so maybe he is simply reading all the material to see what's good for his own campaigns).

Cheers,

Kevin

thefusilier 11-04-2005, 04:46 AM Ya got some Canadians here too :wink:

ReHerakhte 11-04-2005, 06:36 AM OOPPS!

My apologies, I forgot our Commonwealth brothers in the north of North America! :cry:

So slap me with a frozen trout :troutslap or as it was said in 'Due South' (IIRC) a frozen otter.

Cheers,

Kevin

DeaconR 11-04-2005, 08:17 AM Yeah, I'm Canadian, I simply run a game SET in the USA. And two of my players are playing British characters.

thefusilier 11-04-2005, 08:56 AM DeaconR where abouts are you?

DeaconR 11-04-2005, 09:01 AM I live in Calgary, Alberta.

hubert 11-04-2005, 10:35 AM Im from Aalborg, Denmark. Normally I just enjoy reading the posts here. :tongue:

thefusilier 11-04-2005, 10:53 AM Ahh, I don't think there are any other Danes. I think this is also the 1st time I read a post from you, so welcome to the forum.

Is (or was) Twilight 2000 popular in Denmark?

Lindgaard 11-04-2005, 02:50 PM Actually I'm from Denmark too :-) . . the city of Odense

regards

Lindgaard

ChalkLine 11-04-2005, 03:17 PM I'd love to hear your take on the T2K situation in Denmark! I have a friend on another forum who's in the Polish army and I was kinda astounded at all the misconceptions that I had about Poles and their place in the Warsaw pact. In fact, they called themselves the 'Warsaw Alliance' and NATO the 'NATO Pact'!

Antenna 11-04-2005, 08:24 PM Actually I'm a Finn trapped in Sweden. But I lived here for say 35 years now so I might call me Swedish ?

Antenna, Sometimes Sisu all thru

kcdusk 11-04-2005, 08:47 PM OOC <Hehe. That got them coming out of the woodwork>

hubert 11-07-2005, 09:31 AM Im not sure about how many that are playing TW2K in Denmark, I have just started playing it here in 2005, when i saw the pdf on Drivethru rpg and im still trying to figure out the 2.2 rules.

But i dont think it is played a lot, instead games like D&D are more famous. But in my area there is a local game store who sells used TW2K book but they are expensive, so i have bought my books on Ebay.

kcdusk 11-07-2005, 01:25 PM DnD is probably more famous in most places i would imagine.

Drivethroughrpg seems to have pretty cheap download prices US$7 or so for modules, cheaper than i could find on ebay.

Any questions on v2.2, post em up, see if anyone here can answer them.

TiggerCCW UK 11-07-2005, 05:04 PM I thought my name was a giveaway!! In fairness, I haven't been about as much of late - work is mentally busy at the minute. Not all bad though - have a look at the photos.......

http://www.qubsu-ents.com/halloween_311005.asp

IIRC there used to be a few more Brits about, but most of them have disappeared.

Rainbow Six 11-09-2005, 03:17 PM I'm Scottish, living just outside Edinburgh.

Again, though, like some of the others, I'm not around here all that often...

Lindgaard 11-15-2005, 07:22 AM Hello Hubert

I thought I had the last running campaign in Denmark :-)

Anyway TW2K v2 was fairly popular in the early 90's. I played it at conventions 2 or 3 times and the local gameshop carried all the sourcebooks.

When GDW folded, the books disappeared from the shop and people stopped playing.

I started a new campaign i 2003 when i moved back to my hometown and started playing with some of my old friends again.

I have only seen v1 for sale once, and never heard of anyone playing.

BTW: whats the name of the store selling used TW2k books ?

regards

Lindgaard

hubert 11-16-2005, 10:47 AM Hello Lindgaard

The Name of the shop is Mimers Brnd, and it is located in Aalborg.

http://www.mimers-broend.dk/ (http://)

Im not sure whats in stock, not much it think, but i have bought a few books there.

Last edited by kato13; 02-08-2010 at 06:31 PM.