RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 PM

Default Long Range Combat (v1)

I was wondering how folks handle things like sniping in v1. With the way damage goes, long range damage will do twice the base damage + 2d6, and base damage + 1d6 at extreme range. This wouldn't 'kill' anyone just straight off, since a sniper round would peter off to nothing. Obviously this happens in real life, but a sniper would know how to adjust for that, and the guns they use can reach out farther than an standard rifle.

How have people 'reached out and touched someone' using v1 rules? Would you just pretend that a sniper rifle did C (Constant) damage, or that it would get C damage if you are a trained sniper (CRM skill of X+, etc etc).

If this has already been talked about here, and I'm ignorant, you can just make this thread disappear.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:26 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Maauuuhhh we don't make threads disappear... just people....
Old 06-01-2013, 10:45 PM

From memory, in V1 sniper rifles accuracy at extreme range is the same as it is at long range, and if taking an aimed shot (ie the head) then there are no penalties (for an aimed shot which would apply if you used a pistal or submachine gun) and you can double the damage (to the head) which could result in a kill or unconsciousness.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Banned

Go ask Rifleman how to handle long range sniping- we just did a very long combat that started at extreme range and featured a lot of aimed shots and sniping
Old 06-04-2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Go ask Rifleman how to handle long range sniping- we just did a very long combat that started at extreme range and featured a lot of aimed shots and sniping
Any chance of an after action report?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 AM
The Stat Guy

When I was playing v1, I used a tip from an issue of Challenge magazine and came up with a Sniping skill. Basically, a player who makes a successful Sniping roll has the subsequent shot has the range band for his shot "moved" one band closer, and 1D6 added to his damage roll. He can also make a Sniping roll and make a called shot with normal chances to hit. (He can't do both in the same round.)

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com