RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default My Gaming site is down for the forseable future and the future of this forum.

Hardware failure took my gaming site down. So I do not expect it to be back up any time soon.

I am now at the point where I only have one complete backup of the hardware needed for this forum (One additional server and three additional hot swapable drives). That may sound like a lot but as failures have become more frequent (3 drive failures in the past 18 months), my confidence in my ability to keep everything running wanes.

As many of you have noticed I have ceased to have any interest in this forum beyond keeping it running for the people here who I consider my friends. I keep it running because RPGhost treated their guests very shabbily when they decided to end things (by deleting nearly our entire history). I do not want that to happen when I no longer have the capacity to host it. (If it was two years ago I would simply be acquiring new equipment and all of this would be moot, but now that my passion for the game is pretty much gone that makes very little sense).

I do not expect anything serious to happen in the near future but perhaps it is time to start thinking about where the forum goes long term. I do not know the technical expertise or our users nor if any of them have access to free webhosting, but if you do feel you might have something to offer on either of these fronts, PM myself or a moderator.

Whenever the transition occurs my goal is to have ZERO loss of data. I would also probably want approval from all 5 moderators (and perhaps a positive vote among members) before I hand the keys to someone else.

Sorry if this bums anyone out, but know that my primary goal is to keep this group running somewhere long term with out any loss of information. I owe you guys that much.

kato13