RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2017, 09:18 AM

Default Snake Eaters-1st Cavalry

In my current MP campaign I started with Lonestar. The 1st Cavalry considers itself a unit of the United States Army. They take the official oath we take today. In my expanded version of Lonestar the savages have another enemy: A Snake Eater team has been active in Northern Mexico. This team has been freeing slaves and has set up a "clan" of their own and are hard at giving the savages a really bad time.

I just sent CT-13 to Carlsbad Caverns where there was a FEMA cache (Which I stole from Allegheny Uprising, a fine Twilight 2000 module). Issues come in from that module and other events in the campaign.

Would the Snake Eaters accept that the 1st cavalry is a United States Army unit and a legitimate part of the Government of the Unites States of America? Will they accept the authority of its commissioned and non-commissioned officers?

An additional issue becomes the massive amount of classified materials found in the cache. The players found a large amount of classified materials from the FBI, CIA, DIA and various other organization. I intend upon using this material for a number of plot hooks. It includes a large number of FBI files on Morrow, so it might have clues to the location of Prime Base.

The other files might have information on things like Damocles. The location of other strategic reserves and such.

How would the Special Forces guys feel about this HUGE amount of classified material. Yes, a lot of it is outdated, but a lot of the material is still relevant. Can they "read in" the Morrow Teams and the soldiers of the 1st?

What other plot hooks can this enormous cache of classified information lead to?

In the Campaign the players have been able to link the Special Forces, the Texans-both civilian and military and several local areas of organized and the materials would be of tremendous value, as they include seeds and medical equipment.

Would the Special Forces guys claim "dibs" on everything, which is a lot, in the cache?