RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2012, 09:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

I know this isn't Twilight 2000 related.. but i thought i'd share it with you guys. I've been working on my own Comic Book.. and this is one of the main characters in The Liberators. My primary character when i play superhero RPs... and thus, I introduce you to my meta-human super-soldier alter ego.

Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 PM

At risk of coming off like a nitpicker, he looks to me like the "new guy" they found for the Captain America suit.
That said, the artwork is wonderful!

Major General John Sedgwick, Union Army (1813 - 1864)
Old 02-28-2012, 11:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Magnet View Post
At risk of coming off like a nitpicker, he looks to me like the "new guy" they found for the Captain America suit.
That said, the artwork is wonderful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
Impressive as always Nate.

For the above character pics what size to do draw them generally. The detail you get is incredible and I was wondering how much it is reduced in size.
Hi there Kato! Hi there Bullet Magnet!

Yeah... you should have seen the look on my face when i saw that. The 'new guy' was Bucky... yes THAT Bucky. The one that fought alongside Cap in WW2 and was killed by the bomb blowing up. The one that Stan 'The Man' Lee stated was one of the only two people in Marvel Universe who had died and would STAY dead. That hack Brubaker brought him back as the 'Winter Soldier'.. a soviet assassin who when he wasn't killing people (like Wolverine's wife, and cut out his unborn son from her belly...) they kept him in a cyro-tank.

I normally draw my pics on 8.5" x 11" heavy duty stationary paper (it's the same paper as the quality sketch books at a very reduced price, for the same price for one of those sketchbooks that have maybe 100 to 150 pages if you are lucky at the art supply stores... you can buy a couple reams of that paper at 500 sheets a ream)... the paper draws good, looks good and holds the markers really good. if you want, i'll get the information of the paper so you can order some for yourself.

The American Patriot Costume is a design that is well over 12 years old. Heck, the original design had alot of harnesses, pouches and holsters on it that was what American Patriot worn when I first created him to play the TSR Marvel Superheroes RPG back in 1989.... His name comes in part from the nickname that the Marines i worked with use to call me...

The only real differences in his appearence has been the addition of a mustache to his goa-tee... and i didn't put his energy pistols, throwing disks and fighting sticks in this pic... because they made the costume look too busy when i was in pencils.

If anyone knows of a good wallpaper that is of a fluttering american flag... i really need a good one for the background. I'm working at cleaning up the scan of color version of this pic. I plan on sending the large Black & White to my youngest sister and see what she can do with her incredible digital coloring skills.

Yes, so far "The Liberators" has been a family project... Any of my brothers and sisters in spirit on here who wants to help me with some character designs... please let me know. At the moment i've got some background characters and a couple bad guys worked out... along with the three main characters; Freedom Eagle (she's alot like Hawkgirl, her civilian ID is that of a reporter or social worker), Iron Maiden (a female Tony Stark... just without the arc reactor in her chest) and American Patriot (a super-soldier like Ultimate Captain America: can lift 3 tons, regneration, exceptional agility, exceptional senses and a metabolism that has left him pretty much immune to toxins).

I've got the concept for a few characters done... just not what they look like.

Namely Shango... an African God of Thunder, Drums and Dance. I've figured out his fighting style (it's alot like caporellia, but incorporates his long handled double bladed battle ax), i've got an idea for his primary job in his civilian ID (he's a steel barrel drummer). I just haven't been able to come up with his costume. I want it to look believable representative of the kind of clothes that come from the area of Africa he's originally from.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.

Last edited by natehale1971; 02-29-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:59 AM

Here are a few version of the latest pic of American Patriot

First is the small version

This is the Medium Version.... The Large version is alot bigger. If anyone wants me to post it here... i will.

These are some older pictures of American Patriot...

This is a 'real world' version of his costume. And yes... I'm actually making this costume. I've actually got an engineer friend in Canada who's also a blacksmith who's making the shield... and it'll be capable of stoping most small caliber weapons!

Another pic of AP... experimenting with the look of his costume, and not really to happy with it... i like the pose. just not happy with how this one looks.

This is one of the oldest pictures of American Patriot that is still in my pocession.

And a picture i still have of American Patriot and his wife "Lady Britannia" and step-son "Union Jack"

Old 02-29-2012, 01:11 AM

This is what the picture i drew was to go with... a signature block for my character in a Mutants & Masterminds 2e game.

This is the new signature block...

Variant of the signature block...

This is the oringal signature block...

which one do you guys think looks the best!

A few logos for the comic...

A couple variants of American Patriot's logo...

Freedom Eagle's logo...

The Iron Maiden's logo (this logo is going to be going through a major overhaul since I now have a better Font to use for it)...

The Liberators team logo...

The Patriette's logo (she's a meta-human paragon... like Supergirl)

Last edited by natehale1971; 02-29-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM

Proposals for the Logo for the Comic book company that i've been working on... Over the next week or so, i'll be posting all of the preliminary comic logos for the company...

I need some help with something I'm trying to design... esp. coming up with the name of the Comic Company/universe that I've been working on. At the moment here are some of the ones that I've come up with...

"American Comics"

"Freedom Comics"

"Freedom First Comics"

"Liberty Comics"

"Liberty First Comics" uses the Liberty Tree as a major part of the logo.

"Patriot Comics"

"Bulletproof Comics"

"Cuppa TEA Comics" (the idea for this logo is to incorporate the image of the first Tea party where rebells thosed all that tea into the Boston Harbor.

"American Patriot Comics"

"American Comics"

"AVC" (American Vaules Comics)

Any suggestions for names or logos, i'm open and willing to hear want anyone says to make it better.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:07 PM

Cool stuff Natehale! Is this an independent project you're working on?

Also, my financial situation's gotten a bit better now. So....might you be interested in taking some commisions?
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake
Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schone23666 View Post
Cool stuff Natehale! Is this an independent project you're working on?

Also, my financial situation's gotten a bit better now. So....might you be interested in taking some commisions?

yes... the American Patriot and the comic universe is a project i've been working on for a while. And on many levels it's starting to shape up... though i realy could use more help in creating the universe and the other characters that will populate it.

I can do some commissions, but i won't have the turnaround that i use to have unfortunately. It can take me a while to get to draw something. usually due to issues popping up. And my volunteer work in the community.

I had a really big thing happen in July during Heroes Aren't Hard To Find convention when i got to see Stan Lee. I'll be posting that story in a little bit.

Since I was not able to buy tickets for my sister and myself online for Heroes Con 2012, we had to be there early Friday morning to buy them in person,
so i wasn't able to buy one of the tickets that would have meant that I would be getting a meet and greet with Stan Lee.
But... when we arrived that early morning, a big truck pulled in after us, and the driver didn't have the money for the parking so i simply paid for them.
It turns out he was in the Navy the same time I was (just in the Pacific Fleet), we ended up walking together to the con...
and talked about the Con and how I was there to hopefully get to meet Stan Lee. Now it turns out he works for Stan Lee Productions,
and the truck I had paid for the parking was carryin th tee-shirts and goods they were selling at the Con.

And he said that he's gonna do what he can to get me a sit down meeting with Stan Lee! I didn't know what he was gonna be able to pull off the next day, but I did have high hopes.
I guess the lesson really is, Play it forward.... because you never know when and what good karma is gonna come back and reward you with.

That Saturday we got hit with badnews, my sister was forced to go in to work that night after she had set up the day off three months prior. And they regniged on her weekend off.

And they were disappointed that we'd not be doing what they wanted to originally do (we later learned it would have been a two hour dinner with Stan Lee at one of the restaurants in the area).

But we were able to set up a time on Sunday for the meeting. And it went... amazing. Though he told me something that I really didn't want to hear. I got five minutes to meet and talk with Stan Lee.

My sister and I were so gobsmacked that we forgot to get a picture. He saw my artwork, and said it was good. Very good. And he liked my sisters artwork (more anime inspired than my style... but he still found it very professional). We both were overcome by the fact that he was so much like our grandfather. He stood just like my grand dad did, and wore the same kind of clothes.

When I told him about my life, and how so many people call me a hero... and how much that hurt, because I really don't feel like a hero. I've been thrown away to many tmes to be a hero, since heroes aren't expendable, disposable or something to just throw away.

He looked at me, held my arm and smiled and said, "If someone thinks you are a hero... then you are a Hero."

When I started to cry and smiled and said that it's okay. he took my hand and smiled and that it's alright. That people call him their hero, and that he doesn't feel like he's anything special either. And that if you've inspired someone, or they think of you as a hero. Then that's what you are to them. And to let them feel that way.

he then took the picture of American Patriot that i was giving him, and well... take a look.

He then looked at me and smiled and said, "Richard... you said that I know a hero when i see them, and you are right. I do know real heroes when I see them. And now, you have proof that you are."

My sister and I are hoping that the people standing around while we talked posts the videos that they were taking. because, I really am hoping that i remembered everything accurately.

He's full of so much energy. And he said that he really loved meeting all the fans, and he was amazing. he said that everyone needs to do what they love to do as their job. and that way they are enjoying it, and it's not so bad... you enjoy it. and you can be doing it for as long as possible. and it will keep you young. he even jumped down five steps, hit the ground and did a little 'ta-da' moment pose.

it was an amazing weekend.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 PM

That was pretty damn cool, Nate. And your art kicks ass.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

Very good artwork! Hey, how would one go about asking you for a face picture of a character or two for the fanzine?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 AM

This past week has been a good week for my artwork... take a look at the pics I've been able to draw!

Freedom Eagle II (Michaela Cameron O'Connor BJ)

Lord Arcane IV (Lord Llewellyn Archibald 'Archie' Avery MVO OM CH, the thirteenth Lord of Arcana Manor)

Violet Lantern Muñoz-Ramos (Brianna 'Bri' Muñoz-Ramos)

Samson (Samal rishon Moshe Davidi, IDF - Ret. aka "Samson 'Sam' David"), Costumed Israeli Meta-Human Powerhouse (PL10/160pp.): Like all Israelis, the man known as Samson had served in the IDF where he learned Krav Maga. And while he was a lot stronger and tougher than his contemporaries… he showed very little desire for the use of firearms, and specialized in unarmed close-quarters combat. When not working as a construction worker, he took part in ultimate fighting championships where his natural strength and fighting talents were honed so well that he was a reserve IDF hand-to-hand combat instructor. It was during a Palestinian terror attack upon a local school that his meta-human powers became evident when he rushed into the severely damaged building… bracing himself under a broken support beam, he was able to bear the entire weight of the building upon his shoulders and keep the building from collapsing until it was safely evacuated. And once he had let the building collapse many where stunned when he dug himself out of the ruins, none more so than himself… that night his mother told him that he was descended from the biblical hero Samson, ironically the local news agencies had used that same name to describe him in all their reports about the incident. Samson has refused to cut his hair ever since learning this, feeling that he shared the same weakness as his ancestor. Samson chose to protect his family and loved ones, and left Israel for the United States of America. His earliest costume consisted of the outfit he had worn as an Ultimate Fighter: a white tank-top style tee-shirt with a blue Star of David in the center of his chest, a pair of dark blue reinforced fingerless gloves, a pair of dark blue elbow pads, a pair of dark blue-gray IDF combat pants & a pair of black IDF combat boots.

And Behold mere Mortals!

Shango, the Orisha of Thunder, Drums, Dance and Male Virility!

SHANGO! brings you the real power of Thunder!

SHANGO! brings you the real power of Drums!

SHANGO! brings you the real power of Dance!

SHANGO! brings you the real power of MALE VIRILITY!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 PM

I'm trying to avoid a smart-arsed remark about the "male virility" bit.

Seriously though Nate, nice work! I sent you a pm.
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake
Old 04-23-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schone23666 View Post
I'm trying to avoid a smart-arsed remark about the "male virility" bit.

Seriously though Nate, nice work! I sent you a pm.
Who needs viagra or cialis when you have SHANGO!

SHANGO! Not only gives you a week long woody... he ensures that you'll get a strong strapping child EACH AND EVERY TIME!

SHANGO!

Anyone else getting tired of the viagra an cialis commericals? They are airing the things on Kids shows now. :/ ugh.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:14 PM

Nate
Draw a big Amazon with a PKM for me Thats what my world needs.

Brother in Arms