RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 03-24-2012, 03:05 PM

Default BMP1PK4

A fictional Soviet command vehicle and variants. As ever comments welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2012-03-24 BMP1PK4.pdf (162.1 KB, 134 views)
Old 03-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Looks pretty good me. Keep up the good work.
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:13 PM

Please excuse my ignorance but in RL what did the Soviets use as command vehicles? Trucks with erectable annexes? Tents carried by their dicky little Lada jeeps? Or basically nothing but the standard vehicle for their unit type with maybe a better radio fitted?
Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 AM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Please excuse my ignorance but in RL what did the Soviets use as command vehicles? Trucks with erectable annexes? Tents carried by their dicky little Lada jeeps? Or basically nothing but the standard vehicle for their unit type with maybe a better radio fitted?
There was command variants of the BTR-series (both the tracked BTR-50 and the wheeled ones). On top of those, I believe, they used command centers built on the chassis of ZiL and UAZ trucks.

Finns built the YVI -communications system into the BTR-50ies (this wasn't the only chassis for it though), but this particular modification was not in use by the Soviets.

As for the Lada jeep, comment, while I know it was meant as a joke, I must say that the Lada Niva jeep is a marvelous piece of construction as is the UAZ. They are both a lot smaller than HMMWV or the similar vehicles, which makes them far more agile and possible to operate even in the more wooded areas like Finland. Take a Hummer in to the Finnish woods and you get stuck between the first trees you come across. With UAZ, you can nearly climb the tree. Only thing with the UAZ is that it isn't that fun to drive around on the roads and the heating system for the cabin has practically only two settings - on or off. But, a very good and useful vehicle none the less.
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.

Last edited by Medic; 03-25-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Yes to all of the above, and others. As does the US.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com