RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Something new from the DC Writing Group. Hope you like it

Jason Weiser 08-28-2008, 07:42 PM This is setting the stage for America's future...one I think a lot of you are going to like. It's my work, but to Law, Chico, FF and Deacon, THANK YOU! Chico especially because he is a damn fine editor and makes me look even more coherent than I sometimes deserve!

(edit kato 13 attachement is at the very bottom)

Snake Eyes 08-28-2008, 08:01 PM Good writing. Keep it up.

Stilleto69 08-29-2008, 09:32 AM Excellent work, Jason. Keep it coming.

Rainbow Six 08-29-2008, 12:17 PM This is an excellent piece. Look forward to reading more.

Mohoender 08-29-2008, 12:34 PM Excellent.

kato13 08-29-2008, 11:15 PM As with virtually everything that has come out of the group this is excellent.

bigehauser 08-30-2008, 01:09 AM This group?

Where can I join this group, or contribute?

-Hauser

chico20854 08-30-2008, 10:41 AM This group?

Where can I join this group, or contribute?

-Hauser

We're actually in the writing/production stage here... lots of research and discussion over the last two years:

over 1100 messages in our yahoo group;

hundreds or possibly thousands of hours of phone calls (one of us has a 2+ hour commute home nightly)

a dozen or so meetings around the DC area.

But take a look at our mod of the Third World War wargame on the game's yahoo group here (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThirdWW_discussion/).

Once I get around to finishing the Warsaw Pact orbat, a truly massive task, we'll need to generate TWW factors, continue to turn out counters and then wargame out significant portions of the war in Europe. We'll incorporate the results into new versions of the US Army Vehicle Guide, Soviet Vehicle Guide and NATO Vehicle Guides, along with two new publications, the Pact Vehicle Guide and Survivor's Guide to the USA.

But send me a PM if you want to stop by my place tomorrow for our session to finish up the US Navy, review Special Forces deployment or review Law's writeup of the Marine Corps! But seriously, contribute here and if we see an area that you're good at writing about or really care about we'll consult you on it!

bigehauser 08-30-2008, 10:44 AM We're actually in the writing/production stage here... lots of research and discussion over the last two years:

over 1100 messages in our yahoo group;

hundreds or possibly thousands of hours of phone calls (one of us has a 2+ hour commute home nightly)

a dozen or so meetings around the DC area.

But take a look at our mod of the Third World War wargame on the game's yahoo group here (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ThirdWW_discussion/).

Once I get around to finishing the Warsaw Pact orbat, a truly massive task, we'll need to generate TWW factors, continue to turn out counters and then wargame out significant portions of the war in Europe. We'll incorporate the results into new versions of the US Army Vehicle Guide, Soviet Vehicle Guide and NATO Vehicle Guides, along with two new publications, the Pact Vehicle Guide and Survivor's Guide to the USA.

But send me a PM if you want to stop by my place tomorrow for our session to finish up the US Navy, review Special Forces deployment or review Law's writeup of the Marine Corps! But seriously, contribute here and if we see an area that you're good at writing about or really care about we'll consult you on it!

Hahaha...I am sort of in Japan....can't really "stop by."

Targan 08-30-2008, 10:49 AM Hahaha...I am sort of in Japan....can't really "stop by."Sort of in Japan? I've always thought of being in Japan as an 'all or nothing' situation. Although the Gold Coast tourist strip does feel a bit like occupied territory sometimes. At least they tend to be polite, that's nice.

Jason Weiser 08-30-2008, 11:09 AM I IM with him...he's in Okinawa...so it's "sort of" I suppose.

Nowhere Man 1966 08-30-2008, 11:28 AM Good work, keep it going.

Chuck M.

Attached Files
File Type: doc Matter of Time.doc (43.0 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by kato13; 06-18-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Tags
dc group