RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Banned

Want to give credit to Raellus, Matt, Shrike6 and Paul as well along with Simonmark6, Tombot, Rainbow Six, raketenjagdpanzer and kato13 as well for all their inputs over the years to the original fan canon version and for their ideas that they posted here on various threads that assisted in the creation of the sourcebook as well.

Just checked Marc's site and its sold 55 copies in one day - goes to show how much interest there still is in the game

Last edited by Olefin; 04-03-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:33 AM

Congratulations, man. I know how good it feels to get your name out there on an RPG product, especially one you put so much blood sweat & tears into. It's also great to see T2k still getting new products out there: new real, for-sale products. Also also this will spur me to get to work on my own little corner of the world, the oft-delayed fully-detailed cantonment/settlement I was working on, plus unrelated to this board a long-put-off AD&D project...

Again, well done. Will it be available as print-on-demand at some point?
Old 04-04-2017, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
Congratulations, man. I know how good it feels to get your name out there on an RPG product, especially one you put so much blood sweat & tears into. It's also great to see T2k still getting new products out there: new real, for-sale products. Also also this will spur me to get to work on my own little corner of the world, the oft-delayed fully-detailed cantonment/settlement I was working on, plus unrelated to this board a long-put-off AD&D project...

Again, well done. Will it be available as print-on-demand at some point?
Its for sale at http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...liate_rem=4209

and pretty affordable too - $2.99

and thank you very much for the congratulations - much appreciated! And I am very honored that the Sourcebook is the first new Twilight 2000 canon material since 1995 (I see the 2013 material as a different timeline) - joining people like Frank and Loren as a canon writer for the game is something I never dreamed would happen when I played the game when I was in college. And Marc is looking for more material - already told me he is looking forward to seeing more from me.

Last edited by Olefin; 04-04-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:38 PM

Just purchased the sourcebook and had a quick skim through. My first impressions are very favourable, the detail is impressive as is the number of units covered. Well that's one of my Easter game projects covered
Thanks for an excellent product and hopefully with more to come.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:33 PM

My wife an I are highly impressed, I'm buying it ASAP. I've said for a while ALOT of the fan material here is canon worthy, and I consider quite a bit of it canon personally.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draq View Post
My wife an I are highly impressed, I'm buying it ASAP. I've said for a while ALOT of the fan material here is canon worthy, and I consider quite a bit of it canon personally.
I have always thought the same - and it shows that the canon is not a fixed point in space that cannot be added to. Marc clearly wants more added to it that enriches it and brings new fans to the game and provide new ideas for the existing players.

And it has clearly hit a chord - 77 sales in just one day shows that there is a market and desire for new canon material for sure. I hope this encourages others who may have held back to see if Marc is interested in their ideas as well and have their material join the canon as well
Old 04-04-2017, 07:58 PM

Congratulations!
Old 04-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
Just purchased the sourcebook and had a quick skim through. My first impressions are very favourable, the detail is impressive as is the number of units covered. Well that's one of my Easter game projects covered
Thanks for an excellent product and hopefully with more to come.
Thank you very much - many of those units are based on the real units deployed to the area by France already while others came from either Frank's notes on Kenya or Raellus and Matt and Shrike's notes from the archives. I fleshed them out with descriptions and added some of my own touches as well - especially the LRA units, the British Lions, the PARA and the Volunteers. And hope people enjoyed my bringing the 2nd of the 2nd Armored to Africa as part of the RDF reinforcement convoy.

Wanted to provide enough detail for those wanting to create characters from those units to give them a real backstory - and to allow anyone wanting to play the Red Team the same opportunity.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Just checked Marc's site and its sold 55 copies in one day - goes to show how much interest there still is in the game
Have bought it, having some questions i hope your sourcebook can answer me.