RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Internet Intellectual

Default PF 009 Bullets and Bluegrass V 1.0

When MARS Team K-98 wakes to their bolthole alarm, they know they must act quickly or die. They face an awesome challenge against a well-equipped foe to rescue their comrades from death and worse. To make it hard, the hostages are kept in a secure spot which they must find and break into before it is too late. Can they do the job before they are discovered and hunted down by a ruthless enemy?
Old 11-26-2011, 03:18 PM

I've debated this module for some time. I don't like the canon KFS and I freely introduce my own version which is larger and darker. The team gets a hovercraft to use in a fairly rough part of the country, restricting the team to river travel....Great way to strip a team of the big-buck equipment!
Old 11-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Internet Intellectual

Yes, again with the retarded SK-5. Oh my, do I hate this concept.

This can be one tough game if you don't have a larger group of player. The Team needs to mount a rescue into a manned fort, and escape pursuit.

Good luck!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
Yes, again with the retarded SK-5. Oh my, do I hate this concept.

This can be one tough game if you don't have a larger group of player. The Team needs to mount a rescue into a manned fort, and escape pursuit.

Good luck!
Agreed.

One solution is that the captives are still on the way to the fort. The KFS forces are on foot. IF you survive the bolthole, AND capture one of the intruders, AND successfully interogate captive, THEN and only then do you learn this.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM

This one, I usually delete the hovercraft and go with V-150s....of course I prefer a MARS Team with 10-12 people, the last time I ran B&B it was 2 V-150s with 20mm and a V-150 Mortar Carrier.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Internet Intellectual

The real trick, and the one the writer was going for I am to assume........ The Team should infiltrate the Fort, then simultaneously one group searchs for the captives and the second activates the weapons aboard the Science One parked in the courtyard.

Classic, get in, find'em, and shoot your way out.... It's so 70's tv it hurts to read it.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
The real trick, and the one the writer was going for I am to assume........ The Team should infiltrate the Fort, then simultaneously one group searchs for the captives and the second activates the weapons aboard the Science One parked in the courtyard.

Classic, get in, find'em, and shoot your way out.... It's so 70's tv it hurts to read it.
Does sorta remind one of an "A-Team" episode.....
Old 11-29-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Does sorta remind one of an "A-Team" episode.....
Almost, if they had built the science one out of a couple garbage cans I'd have thrown the book out the window.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
Almost, if they had built the science one out of a couple garbage cans I'd have thrown the book out the window.
Hate to mention this after you spent your money....but the Science One was built from plastic garbage cans.....
Old 11-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Internet Intellectual

I would love to chuck the Science One, MARS One, and the HAAM suit completely out.

Have you looked at the blueprints. Seems it did not occur to them that the design would actually need space for the Fusion reactor, electric motors, drive trains, batteries/capacitors, bottled breathable gases, freshwater tank, blackwater tank, hydraulics for the lifts, ................... etc

The Science one does have potential but, I am gonna neuter it taking away most of the weapons leaving the claymores, gunports, and an electrified on command hull.

Remove the temptation to use it as a tank.

No hope for the MARS one though. If the Project needed tanks then they would have bought tanks........... Being all about their Personnel those Tanks would have a higher emphasis placed on crew survival than Lethality.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 PM

I have drawn up MARS One, Sci One and took a generic spacesuit from the SWDA, and I have to wholly agree, the vehicles do not have enough room for ALL that malarkey and equipment that the rulebook states, but I actually like the concepts.

All images can be seen here -- http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y15...%20M20/Morrow/
If you browse around you can see more vehicles and such in the Other M20 folder, as well more sci-fi equipment in other folders.

Mostly a sci-fi nut, who plays a few PC games.
I do some technical and vehicle drawings in my native M20 scale. - http://braden1986.deviantart.com/
Old 11-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Internet Intellectual

I have seen your work and I feel it is very good.