RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 PM

Welcome to the forum guys
Old 07-15-2011, 03:19 PM

Default 'Sup

Hello all.

I came across this forum after doing a search for "armies of the night" and I was stoked to see a forum with T2K posts from after 2003...

My group did a run though of the Europe modules a few years back (check out my campaign log for Autumn Twilight ) and we've recently started talking about picking up the thread continuing the USA modules.

So now I've got the modules and have been scouring the web for ideas on how to string them all together (Armies, Airlords, Allegheny, Red Star, Boomer, etc).

But for now, Hello!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 AM

Welcome to the forum Agrikk! Are you any relation to Agrik the Emperor of Flame, Immortal Warlord of Balgashang, Lord of the Four Horsemen, Master of the V'hir, Breeder of Plague, Squalor and Decay, The Reasonless Reaper, Tyrant of the Foul Chamber, He Who Knows the Ten Thousand Ways? It would be awesome to have a Harnic god as a forum member!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Smile

Hi Everyone!

I'm Dave, just discovered the Forum yesterday. I've been collecting T2K pdfs for a couple years now, and am hoping to find some of the actual books and maybe even run a f2f one day.

I love reading Cold War and Cold War gone Hot-type material and am looking for a way to integrate my love of scale model kits with T2K. Maybe a beat-up M1A1 pulling a still on a trailer? That could be a cool model!

It's good to meet you all, and you'll be seeing me around the Forum!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered Kraut

Hi Dave,

welcome.

So, you're a military miniature guy? That's fine, I personally would like to see some modelling projects in/for/of the T2k universe.

"IT'S A FREAKIN GAME, PEOPLE!"; Weswood, 5-12-2012
Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 AM

Smile

Thanks B.T.!

Yeah, I love model kits and toy soldiers. I'm always planning or working on multiple projects.

In fact, my T2K tank model idea is growing right now - how's about a worn M1A1 Heavy Common with an ACAV gunshield over the loader's MG, maybe with captured Russian MGs replacing the normal weapons, tons of stowage, and the still trailer I mentioned?

Would anybody be interested in a thread about model kits and minis for T2K?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

The idea of showing off models is actually quite good: I might have to break out my old talents (And I am talking oooooold) and doing something new isn't that bad an idea.

One little thing though: Don't forget that the M1 spits jet exhaust out the back, any trailer hooked up to is gonna get baked to a fare thee well.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 AM

Smile

Hey Al, I think I will start a model thread then.

And thank you RE:Abrams exhaust. You are absolutely right! Nogo on the M1 w/ a trailer, I should have known that. How about a captured Soviet truck with the trailer next to the tank in a diorama? This idea is getting more expensive but cooler....
Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Its not totally impossible:

When we towed another M1 with ours, we hung a blast deflector over the rear grill. Basicly a collection of steel plates: bottom, sides, and rear, that would redirect the exhaust upwards. Not perfect, but it was a good makeshift to allow us to tow something for a short time. I imagine, given time and materials, that a crew could weld on some sort of permenant deflector.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 AM

As I look at it now, one of my model kits actually has a deflector to protect infantry at the rear of the tank, this must be similar to what you are talking about.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:21 PM

Hey,

I've played all the versions of T2K. Recently my gaming group got into T2013.
I am going to run the game for them.

So here I am looking for more information.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:05 AM
Registered Registrant

Welcome to the forum, you have many, many days of combing through past threads ahead of you but I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Goblin View Post
Hey,

I've played all the versions of T2K. Recently my gaming group got into T2013.
I am going to run the game for them.

So here I am looking for more information.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:50 AM

Hi everybody,

I just sign up, so I thought I would introduce myself. I am here to look for some start up information for my uni project, so cant wait to go through some threads.

Serena
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Gun Doctor

Oops, thought the New Members Thread stickied at the top of the topic list was the place for this. Oh well, let me try again.

Just wanted to say Hi! Raiding these forums for material has already helped me tremendously in setting up my campaign that is about to go live. We'll be running version 2.2 rules in a near-future 2020 setting based on a timeline I found here. I'd like to thank Mohoender and Legbreaker for material I've already blatently ripped off to establish my campaign's background, especially 'Yet Another Modern Timeline' and Legbreaker's analysis of the 3rd Army's offensive in Poland. Anyway, here's the Obsidian Portal page for our game:

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/afterwar-year-0

About myself: I'm a veteran of the recent unpleasentness in Southwest Asia (OIF I, 2003-2004), I was active Army, 45B10, stationed in Bamberg Germany with the 317th Maint. Company (Nondiv). Currently I work in IT (have you tried turning it off and back on again?) in the Great State of Texas, and I'm the proud father of one, my one year old daughter Harmony. I got into Roleplaying at the tender age of 12 or so, with Chaosium's Elfquest, which lead to Rifts and Cyberpunk 2020, and eventually to AD&D (I know, I'm wierd).

I currently have the good fortune of belonging to a weekly gaming group that plays games using a wide variety of systems and themes, and we were supposed to begin my Twilight 2020 campaign (Afterwar: Year 0) this past weekend, but my house had to quarantined to an outbreak of child induced runny nose and coughing.

Howdy y'all!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 PM

G'day, Doc. Welcome to the forum!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 AM

Thanks for having me. I'm draq, and ive been looking for a post apoc ww3 military survival RPGfor over 10yrs, and i found t2k a month ago. The irony is its been out since before I was born. I'm currently in the process of trying to save up the money to buy the full v1 disc with all the books and challenge articles. T2k is now my new favorite thing, borderline obsession. I look forward to spending time here with expirenced players and new fans alike.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Registered Registrant

Hey Draq, welcome to the forum.
As a suggestion, I'd say search the forum for posts about the differences between the various editions if you want to know more.
For me, I prefer v2.2 over v1 because I like rules that don't get in the way of the story but others like the "crunchier" v1 rules. Both versions have their strengths and weaknesses but you can usually work around them without breaking anything.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Welcome aboard Draq.

All of us here have a little obsession for the game so I'm sure you will fit right in.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:44 AM

Thanx guys. My main point of curiousity is how difficult is it to convert say the stats for a rifle for example, from one version to another? Hypotheticaly
Old 09-23-2014, 12:03 PM

Also, would it be possible to direct me towards any available PDFs? I have the cavalry and bicycles one already.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:52 PM

ice to see you here Draq - check the sticky called Thread Map for a list of articles.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:27 PM

Yes it is i, from Facebook. Thanks for the directions and the PDF, well done.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:27 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draq View Post
Also, would it be possible to direct me towards any available PDFs? I have the cavalry and bicycles one already.
http://www.pmulcahy.com/PDFs/pdf_page.htm

Moist of my site is available as PDFs here. There are also some gems such as Wapahani's site (TR has since passed away of cancer, and gave me permission to put his site in the PDF section), and several others under the Other Documents category.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 09-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draq View Post
The Attachment map has most of the PDFs on the site (current to a few months ago).
Old 09-23-2014, 07:00 PM

Thanx again. And I've been a fan of your site for a while, stat guy. I'm sorry about the loss. I'm trying to get all the info I can, since I don't have the actual game yet. I know I want the v1 timeline, possibly modified, which I'll determined once I really get into the game setting. But I'm still not sure about which system... Probably v1 also. I've been patiently waiting to spend the $35 bucks on the v1 cd, due to limited funds. I'd rather have the books, but the disc is easier to get and has everything.

Last edited by Draq; 09-23-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:04 PM

Smile Intros.

Hello;

I'm Tom, AKA Swag (short for Swaghauler). I was given my name by a bunch of "kids" (twenty somethings I shoot with) who started calling me this because I drove Armored Cars (part time) for the last Decade. I actively gamed from 1980 until the mid 90's playing mostly Twilight2000 and Rune Quest (but I've tried just about everything). A very involved Military, Security, and Law Enforcement Career (including a trip to Somalia with the 10th Mountain during Restore Hope) pushed gaming into my past. I served in the Army (and Reserves) from 1988 to 1996. I "bought" my military time and retired from my County Sheriff's Department in 2012 and went into OTR trucking. I have rekindled my love of pen and paper RPGs because I cannot go shooting as much now that I live in a rolling "coffin box" during the week. I believe that games should be as realistic as possible as long as game play is not compromised. I'm looking for like minded souls to bounce ideas off as I begin to prepare another major campaign. I joined your forum because you have some really good threads posted here. I have 16 years of active gaming under my belt. I also have 23 years of military and LE experience and 38 years of shooting experience (including IDPA and 3 gun shooting). I would like to say thanks for the warm welcome I've already recieved from some of you.

Last edited by swaghauler; 02-01-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:03 AM
Administrator

Welcome Swag.

Glad to see you have jumped in with both feet.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 AM
Registered Registrant

Hey welcome to the forum Swaghauler'
Like Kato said, good to see you felt right at home and jumped right in!
Old 06-17-2015, 10:00 PM
BiPolar, Bisexual, Brony

Hi-Hi Everyone! I'm Anna, nice to meet you.

I have a long-time interest in Cold War gone Hot fiction and gaming, so T2K was a natural for me. I have some of the PDFs, the Main Book reprint from Far Future, about 10 of the old modules, and "The Last Battle" all bought used.

I love miniatures and models, so I've been thinking of doing some skirmish wargaming in T2K's universe, using 1/35th scale models. It'll be big, and spectacular. XD

I guess being little in the 80s, reading the fiction, it's stuck with me. I like T2K for having an interesting storyline, the modifications to vehicles, and having women in combat.

Other than wargaming and RPGs, I'm a Trekkie, a Brony/Pegasister, and a Fashionista. I'm looking forwards to talking with you all.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:30 AM
Registered Registrant

Hi Anna, welcome to the forum. I commented on one of your posts and was thinking that you had obviously been here for some time but now I see you found the place just recently
It's good to see that new members feel comfortable enough to start posting early on and hopefully you all find some good info here and Kato keeps a pretty big archive so be prepared to spend many hours trawling through the old posts!