Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Army View Post
Two of my Favorite PCs

Sir Tristan and his Noble Squire

Sir Tristan (David Ryan)
David Ryan was a child prodigy; he attended Princeton University at the age of 13 after graduating from high school. Ryan published his first mathematical paper at the age of 14 and graduated at the age of 16. During his graduate studies, Ryan was introduced to fantasy live action role-playing (LARP). Over next several years; while working for NASA; Ryan slowly morphed into an obsessed fantasy LARP gamer; who was unable to distinguish fantasy from reality. On August 13, 1997 Ryan (now calling himself Sir Tristan) was committed the Green Valley Psychic Hospital, for treatment of Schizophrenia. In aftermath of US nuclear attacks Sir Tristan “escaped” and embarked on his “Quest” to find the “Royal Chalice of the Elf King”.

Squire John
Squire John is a homeless person, who was place in Green Valley Psychic Hospital; for observation; shortly before Thanksgiving Day attack. In aftermath of the attack he and Sir Tristan (David Ryan) “escaped” from the hospital. Soon afterwards he began to call himself Squire John and subsequently became Sir Tristan’s (David Ryan) squire.
I made up an NPC similar to this- R. Locksley, a Special Forces type who took a head would and woke up with amnesia. He found a Robin Hood novel, and you can guess the reast.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered Kraut

Default Butters

My favorite PC (That means, the PC I like the most in the group I'm GMing!) is Private Maximillian Butter. Born in New York, he started as a ballet-dancer. As he had a kick for drugs, he came into a criminal career (selling drugs, theft). Things ran the way they had to, and "Butters" landed in jail. When the war broke out, he was drafted to the airborne infantry and at least landed in the 5th Inf. Div. (Mech).
Oh, he's black, tall, very agile - not so strong. He still has a kick for "Mary Jane" and - this was obvious, wasn't it - he is gay. His haircut is slightly going in the direction of 70ies "afro-look". He is the only former civilian in a bunch of professional soldiers. Well, because the player listened when the rules were explained, he is by far the best observer and is really good at Kung Fu. He is the only one able to lockpick und the player portrays him as really fairy/effeminate (Hm, in German we say "tuntig". I'm not quite convinced, that my dictionary gives me the right vocabulary in this case).
We had a lot of fun with this character. He is a kind of sissy, everybody tells him, what to do, but he has his fun - oddly enough.
The other PCs have some serious difficulties with him (you know: dicipline and such ...) but I and the guy playing Butters, had lots of fun ...

BTW: The player is one of the toughest guys I know. And he is so not-gay in reality, that it is really very funny.

"IT'S A FREAKIN GAME, PEOPLE!"; Weswood, 5-12-2012
Old 08-25-2010, 03:42 PM

I have a couple of favorites.

Duane Callahan, former IRA shooter who somehow made his way into Poland. Now Duane was a really nasty chap who was a former Bank Robber and hitman. Yet after a couple encounters with Marauders he turned Robin hood on me.

Usually he would wear a Kevlar vest and carry a G-3A3 with a 3X scope as his rifle of choice. As far as sidearms go he was partial to a CZ-75 machinepistol he picked up someplace.

As far as transportation goes he had a hillbilly armored Pickup truck with a pair of improvized weapon mounts. The passenger mount had a M-60D mounted and the pindle in the bed of the truck packed twin FN-MAGs.

My current favorite is Marcus Davis and his Russian girlfriend, Ikaterina Sokolov. Now Marcus is a US infantryman who used to carry an M16A2 and a Mossberg 590A1. Kat after defecting to the US Army picked up a M-231 and kept her Makarov. In Melee combat Marcus uses a Machete and Kat uses an Axe.

Recently they picked up a pair of G 41K assault Rifles and a HMMWV a M-2HB QCB.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Doing some thread necro-

My favorite character I think I ever played was WO3 Reshenko.

It certainly helped that our GM had a rule in place that allowed for us to roll for war right off the bat, so we knew how many terms we would have in the end, so we could plan our characters out, and second, allowed 3D6 to be tossed, dropping the low one, to decide our stats. Also helped that for some reason those was the best rolls I ever had in that campaign. After all, when you have a 8 you can dump in Charisma, you are off to a pretty good start.

Which I took full advantage of by going idle rich right out the gate for a term, followed by modeling him after Lowell in WEB Griffins books save for MOS and Enlisted, not officer in that he was always a snappy dresser and had the finer things about him. Did a few terms in the infantry branch (No SF) till (And this was a home rule our GM put in place to help keep some randomness to the chargen) I failed a serious injury check that required him to remove himself from the combat arms. So, went Supply. By the time the war had arrived, he had a total of 7 terms going for him, 6 in the military, which coupled with the IR term, meant he had a fair sum of cash to spend on stuff. Needless to say, this had our GM nervous as he was afraid that come all of us getting together for a final polish session of chargen he had us make up our characters with him alone, allowing us to preserve some secrecy as to past and what have you I would ensure that our group would want for nothing. So I helped him out, said I will buy this list of things, no more. And all the cash left over between him and his driver (A three term character that we had already planned on having as a team the player being my ex, its kinda required) will be given up, poof, gone away. All I ask is a simple thing he agreed, so here we go:

WO3 Reshenko, S4 Shop, 5ID.

Equipment: M1911, M14, M60, M21, Steel Pot, Kevlar Vest. 998 Shelter carrier, with a few trimmings such as a genny, and a 10 man tent that can serve as a garage for it. Heater, plus a Fridge and Freezer built into the Shelter (Former Medical Evac Humvee).

SGT Song, Driver for above, M16, M9, Hk69. Was a mechanic by MOS.

Mentality: Relaxed, always more than willing to hang back and let the others do the heavy lifting. Lived out of the back of the carrier with his partner Song. Always, even in the year 2000, had absolutely the most perfect pressed uniforms. Always had the finest coffee and cigars in hand. If it was a near non-existent luxury, he had a personal stash of it for his own use and the scrounging talent for finding more of the same. Yet, because of the infantry background, whenever things dropped into the pot, always saved the day with that one perfect shot, the exact thing needed for the moment, or some other sort of Pro From Dover one shot fix-all. And then went back to the Dont bother me, Im just a supply clerk. with SGT Song, doing the whole "Who me?" thing. And the other PC's would scratch their heads, wondering how a 7 term supply clerk could pull off the stunt of the day - as far as they knew, thats all he ever was.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

This reminds of me of the story about Vin Desiel playing D&D... and he was playing a pacifist female Elf cleric who was always hitting on the males in their adventuring/traveling party! a characeter that was totally opposite of his own personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.T. View Post
My favorite PC (That means, the PC I like the most in the group I'm GMing!) is Private Maximillian Butter. Born in New York, he started as a ballet-dancer. As he had a kick for drugs, he came into a criminal career (selling drugs, theft). Things ran the way they had to, and "Butters" landed in jail. When the war broke out, he was drafted to the airborne infantry and at least landed in the 5th Inf. Div. (Mech).
Oh, he's black, tall, very agile - not so strong. He still has a kick for "Mary Jane" and - this was obvious, wasn't it - he is gay. His haircut is slightly going in the direction of 70ies "afro-look". He is the only former civilian in a bunch of professional soldiers. Well, because the player listened when the rules were explained, he is by far the best observer and is really good at Kung Fu. He is the only one able to lockpick und the player portrays him as really fairy/effeminate (Hm, in German we say "tuntig". I'm not quite convinced, that my dictionary gives me the right vocabulary in this case).
We had a lot of fun with this character. He is a kind of sissy, everybody tells him, what to do, but he has his fun - oddly enough.
The other PCs have some serious difficulties with him (you know: dicipline and such ...) but I and the guy playing Butters, had lots of fun ...

BTW: The player is one of the toughest guys I know. And he is so not-gay in reality, that it is really very funny.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:54 PM

Harris- a shot-down pilot who would not, or could not, explain how he came to still be flying at the end of 1999 (the only way of explaining why he only had 7 months combat experience was to say that was his ground combat experience).
Significantly older than the rest of the party, he was the only officer and the only non-American. His lower infantry skills were partly made up for by very high observation; occasionally the high pilot skills (former test pilot) came in handy too!
Equipment: Walther PPK (genuinely an RAF issue weapon at the time, and always carried on his person), L85, Browning GP35, and a determined battlefield scavenger- from time to time he used M9s, M16/M203PI, AK47s, M2HB, various missile launchers, silenced SMGs...
Old 08-14-2011, 02:43 PM

Sergeant William Archer

Career para and a total bastard, he could say "sir" and make it sound like "c**t" which is a basic skill learned by all british NCO's.
He was my fave char and I played him for quite some time, being a British gaming group we had quite a multi-cultural group with only two Americans so we never did the trek through Germany. We ended up captured and shipped behind the lines and by methods fair and foul ended up on the baltic coast and made our way to England via this paticular and rather dangerous route.

Sergeant Archer wasn't the best shot but he was a leader of men and very good at getting results (normaly by making the CO look the other way while abusing the geneva convention).

While I've GM'd more than I've played, Archer always brings me happy memories. he started out with an L85 but we all had Russian kit by the time we got back to the UK.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:29 PM

An US-Ranger named Hillerton. He used to be a 2nd lieutenant, but got degraded by an a-hole officer which hated his guts (but that was part of the background before we took off to play).
He also was highly decorated with medals before the game started. And later we found out, that the character seems to deserveem!

From the beginning he behaved like a classic "hero", a term i seldomly use for the PCs. He has a kind of a neutral alignment, with some strong altruistic undertones getting through, when it counts. Troops (and officers lately, too) like and respect him.
He wandered through the hands of two players, and it seems like that PC has some Hollywood-like magic around him...
He NEVER fucks up in a fight. He got severly wounded more than once, but ..

His first player single-handedly took out a BTR-80, by first killing an attacker with his riflebutt, waiting for the 7.62 to shoot some more rounds, running into the monster and dropping a grenade into it!
Everyone on the table went like "Yeah, hes done..." before he started.
Jaws dropping afterwards around the table.

After the first player left the group, the second took over and Hillerton got caught and tortured by Warta-LT Paskievicz (Krakow; the KGBs secret agent within the Warta). At that point we had almost no hope for Hillerton to get out there alive. But you know..off course he escaped.
(We are not playing the cinematic thing here, but what can i say? Hes a frigging combat-monster.)

But before he did escape, he delivered the deadliest knife-fight with a female KGB-Agent, posing as a nurse.
She was sent to kill him (injured as he was, the Warta-Troops took him into the hospital within the Wawel-Castle). She suddenly killed the unsuspecting guard in Hillertons room and than approached him.
You cant imagine the tension of that fight...

He is still one of the main-PCs in my current campaign (summer-break now, sigh...) and is kicking the most butts, i ever saw a PC doing, within any of the campaigns i did as a GM.

Another cool fact about Hillerton is, that his players (both did!) play him as a down-to-earth-guy with a good heart. He looks like Frankenstein, kills like Dirty-Harry in camouflage, but hes a kind and caring man, who only wants to go back to the states to find his girlfriend.
We re all looking excited to see, if hes gonna make it.
And what hes about to find, back home.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 PM

Oberfeldwebel Michael Kessler. Born Hamburg 1965. Bundeswehr Fernspahtruppe. Stats are unfortunately long since consigned to history (campaign took place in the early 90’s).

War weary, cynical, and on occasion slightly paranoid, Kessler was part of a small group of German soldiers (two PC’s and two NPC’s) who found themselves deep in southern Poland at around the same time as the 5th Division got hammered at Kalisz. The back story as to how they got there was that they were trying to beat the Americans to Reset but they were ambushed by a marauder group before they got to Lodz and most of them were killed. The semi recurring theme to the campaign involved the group hunting down the marauders to avenge their dead colleagues.

Primary weapon G3 Battle Rifle, secondary weapon sawn off double barrelled shotgun carried in an improvised sheath on his back.