RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Called Up

Webstral 07-07-2004, 02:00 AM I've just been told that my unit is going to Iraq in 2/05 to replace the 81st Infantry Brigade, WANG. We're to report to Camp Roberts, CA on 8/15 to begin our train-up. Our train-up for deployment is supposed to begin 9/1/04 at Fort Bliss. While things may still change, I have a feeling that this is the real deal.

Ergo, I don't know when I'll be able to finish the Twilight: 2000 chronology. Who knows what I'll be like when I get back. I hope I don't end up going into that cesspool of Iraq after all, but in case this is the real thing I want to thank you gentlemen for all your support for my work. One way or the other, I won't be back for 18 months.

Keep the faith!

Webstral

Matt Wiser 07-07-2004, 02:44 AM Good luck, and stay safe. Pick things up when you come back.

ReHerakhte 07-07-2004, 04:50 AM Hey Webstral,

I'm only copying Matt with this but good luck & stay safe... don't go down any dark alleyways and don't go chasing the local women

And if you gotta carry a big stick, make sure it's at least 120mm

Cheers from Down Under

Kevin

TiggerCCW UK 07-07-2004, 07:09 AM Keep your head down my friend. Stay lucky.

shrike6 07-07-2004, 10:11 AM Stay safe, Webstral and good luck. We'll see you on the other side.

gstitz 07-07-2004, 03:07 PM Stay safe.

TR 07-07-2004, 06:09 PM Webstral,

Goes without saying (but I will anyway) stay safe and we will be here when you get back... hopefully there will be some more reprints out by then!

TR

Grimace 07-07-2004, 08:55 PM Keep your cover on, your weapon ready, and keep the faith, man! Imagine yourself outside of Kalisz, and stay on your toes.

We'll be here when you get back.

jtar7242 07-08-2004, 01:11 AM Lucky bastard heh.

I just got out in March and joined a reserve unit. I wasn't able to go the first time because I had gotten injured by someone being careless, and I missed the detachment my new reserve unit was sending to Iraq because the list was already made up.

Stay safe. I have a lot of buddies over there already, and I am grateful for each day I don't see the name of someone I know as a casualty. It's happened a couple times too many already.

thefusilier 07-08-2004, 10:47 AM Good luck and really hope to see you back here on the forum. Your work has been unbeleivable and helps keep Twilight alive. Let us know when you get back. Be careful!

Antenna 07-08-2004, 11:05 AM Webstral stay safe, your stuff is brilliant.

Antenna (Who is posting the first reply to Webstral, but has seen his work his activity)

pmulcahy 07-08-2004, 02:16 PM Keep your head down, your weapon functional, and trust your instincts and gut feelings. And remember the words of an old retired Colonel I met in the hospital who told me, "The Iraqis change sides like you change clothes -- at least once a day, and more often if they have the chance."

Jason Weiser 07-08-2004, 10:18 PM Stay Safe and remember the old addage "INCOMING FIRE HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY!!"

Chuck Mandus 07-09-2004, 11:08 PM I wish you well on your deployment, stay alert and stay safe and we can't wait for you to get back. One thing my father learned when he was at Camp Casey in Korea back in 1955/56 is to "sleep with your eyes open." I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

Chuck

Dogger 07-13-2004, 04:29 PM Keep safe Web and best of luck.

A lot of troops have access to the internet over there, so check in with us from time to time if you can.

<SALUTE>

evilmike 07-14-2004, 12:34 AM 'A lot of troops have access to the internet over there, so check in with us from time to time if you can.'