RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
Well, so far I've had three people mention that they'd contribute material to the 2nd issue. Can I get any other volunteers?

The more we get, the better this fanzine will become! It also means it will last longer.

So if you've got something that's been sitting around, long forgotten, and want to share it, send it my way! Art, stories, maps, PCs, NPCs, weapons, gear, additional/optional rules....whatever!

I'll send you a writeup for a location I did for 2013, as well as any art I can scare up.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 PM

WOW!

Amazing job and excellent compilation here guys, well done!
"The use of force is always an answer to problems. Whether or not it's a satisfactory answer depends on a number of things, not least the personality of the person making the determination. Force isn't an attractive answer, though. I would not be true to myself or to the people I served with in 1970 if I did not make that realization clear."
— David Drake
Old 11-08-2012, 10:50 PM

How about an article on experimental vehicles - somebody could clean up our discussion a while back about the LAV-75 (which I think led to Paul creating a 105mm version).

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
How about an article on experimental vehicles - somebody could clean up our discussion a while back about the LAV-75 (which I think led to Paul creating a 105mm version).
I'll take it. Grimace, will you be able to lift images directly out of the thread? I suppose I could teach myself how to play with images in a text format.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I'll take it. Grimace, will you be able to lift images directly out of the thread? I suppose I could teach myself how to play with images in a text format.
Not to be a wet blanket but isn't that just the HSVT-L?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

It's much, much easier if people can include images that they want in the article they are submitting. If I have to go hunting all over for specific images, especially if I don't know the EXACT search parameters to find the images, it becomes very time consuming and tedious and I become less likely to want to hunt for the exact images and I'll instead find something that's easier to grab.

Putting images into text files should be pretty easy. Just copy/paste.

And Raellus, thank you for volunteering for that!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

Well, guys, it's that time of year. Hope this time of year finds you at a state of peace, at least for a little bit.

Just a reminded, there's about two months left to get any material in for Issue 2 of the Twilight 2000 fanzine!

Have a Merry Christmas to you all. Don't be naughty, otherwise the Carabineros will get ya!

http://tncampaignforliberty.org/word...211pod01_J.jpg
Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
It was at the suggestion of someone here -- I can't remember who at the moment (the site search engine should tell us). I sort of thought, "That could be interesting." And I also remembered that Ares came up with a 90mm of their 75mm autocannon -- not sure if I ever did that one.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 12-24-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
...not sure if I ever did that one.

Well then, I'd say you have something to do for the new year!

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
It was at the suggestion of someone here -- I can't remember who at the moment (the site search engine should tell us). I sort of thought, "That could be interesting." And I also remembered that Ares came up with a 90mm of their 75mm autocannon -- not sure if I ever did that one.
Such peashooters. The Bofors 120mm/46 SAK DP installed on the Turunmaa-class corvettes Turunmaa and Karjala of the Finnish Navy was an autocannon as well (80 rounds/minute). Too bad, they never made anything but HE rounds for it (though I suspect, had the ships served in Twilight War, the enterprising manufacturers might have come up with a naval round for it).
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Administrator

The M20 Ridgway article is done and submitted.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 12-26-2012, 10:03 PM

Yes, I've got the M20 Ridgway article. Thank you for that.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Good stuff there, Grimace, keep up the good work!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 PM

Thanks! I will! As long as people continue to contribute material, I'll continue to collect it, organize it, and put it out there for everyone to enjoy!

On a completely unrelated note, did you see that they're doing a kickstarter for a new edition of Morrow Project?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Thanks! I will! As long as people continue to contribute material, I'll continue to collect it, organize it, and put it out there for everyone to enjoy!

On a completely unrelated note, did you see that they're doing a kickstarter for a new edition of Morrow Project?
Maybe I'll have to write my radio rules in Twilight that I have been thinking about since 1999.

Chuck
Old 01-05-2013, 07:09 PM

I'd be HAPPY to get those from you and include them in the fanzine!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:36 AM

Radio rules? *ears perking up*
Old 01-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Sent in a copy of my expanded medical rules (updated) for 2013...
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM

Thumbs up

Great! Our first installment for 2013! Thank you!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Sent in a copy of my expanded medical rules (updated) for 2013...
I don't play 2013 but I'm looking forward to it for ideas as I want to use the knowledge from my day job to expand the 2.0/2.2 rules.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:12 PM

I'm interested. If I can get it done, I might submit an alternate time line, or maybe a preview of a source book I'm thinking of.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM

Lightbulb Final Week for Issue 2

This is the final week before issue 2 of the ezine gets put together! So if you've got something you want to contribute, get it to me by the weekend!

We've got a pretty good line-up of material so far...a lot of good stuff. But we could always use more! And even if you don't get stuff to me by the weekend, don't stop work on it...I could certainly use it for ISSUE 3!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:32 PM

Question Anyone know who created this?

Who sent me the file "Twilight2000BlancPJ1adv" in PDF?

I don't seem have to a name associated and would like to attribute it to the correct person.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Who sent me the file "Twilight2000BlancPJ1adv" in PDF?

I don't seem have to a name associated and would like to attribute it to the correct person.
I see them in this thread - http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=1327

Looks like there's also NPC sheets at http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=3857 and a pretty nice website link in this thread.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:51 PM

I know some of you are looking forward to the second issue of this (as I am) but things are conspiring against me to get this out this month. So, sadly, I'm going to have to push back the expected release date to sometime in April.

The second issue WILL come out, but it's just not going to happen in this last week of the month. Sorry for those who were looking for it in March.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:13 PM
The end is nigh!!!

No rush. We waited this long and your own life takes priorities. When it is ready it will be ready. Thanks for the great work.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM

Unhappy

I feel like I'm making excuses...but that is not my intention.

The rather constant parade of visitors is still going on at my place, leaving me not a lot of time to work on this.
Add in that just a couple days ago my grandmother died, I don't know if I'm going to be able to finish the 2nd issue this month either.

It will come out, but I'm going to say "As Soon as I get it done".
Sorry for the continued delay.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:

The rather constant parade of visitors is still going on at my place, leaving me not a lot of time to work on this.
Add in that just a couple days ago my grandmother died, I don't know if I'm going to be able to finish the 2nd issue this month either.

Dude, none of us are paying you for this, nobody's lives are on hold waiting for this - take care of IRL stuff and get GL,YOYO done when you can.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default NICE WORK

I really like it. Well written .

Keep up the good work.

I'll check with HQ if we can with your blessing to host @ the BBoW
Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:

Have things slowed down yet? And can we help with anything?

Tags
fanzine, twilight 2000, twilight 2013