RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2017, 04:07 PM

Default Damocles

I've been running Damocles and we have mentioned the machine intelligence in some other threads. I went back and looked into canon in the modules. From canon Damocles was netted into NORAD and did have full data on every warhead that entered North American airspace. Now I wonder how possible this was, but according to canon this was the situation.

Damocles was even issuing orders to Project assets (ruins of Chicago).

So Damocles had the full data set on incoming warheads and impact points and probably had the full inventory of US weapons and what was launched and what was not. I don't think he has launch codes, but if anything in the world at the point of MP activation could figure out how to launch it would be damocles, if he chose to do so.

Here is an interesting aspect that came up in play and that I had to work on, on the fly. If Damocles makes contact with the Snake Eaters what would his relationship with them be? As the highest surviving ranking officers would the snake eater CO be able to issue orders to Damocles? If not why not? He's an asset of the US military. There is no other existing command authority. I made a snap decision that Damocles has a commission in the air force as a full bird colonel.

Let the discussion begin!