RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

View Poll Results: What do you do regarding T2K?
Player ( FTF or webbased/mail) 79 54.86%
GM (FTF or other) 103 71.53%
Writer (t2k-based fiction 40 27.78%
Designer(rules equipment) 37 25.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2008, 07:28 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default What do u do?

I remebered the old post regarding this and since we are in a new forum and have probably some new members - here goes.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 AM

GM and occasional player but I haven't been conducting a T2K game in years as the last game I ran over last summers was a star Wars (three days game). Don't ask; I kill players in Star Wars (that last game ended in the Empire winning over my PCs, Oops), so guess about T2K . I don't have time to play IRL for now and no time to play online. However, I remain very interested in that game and work on designing my own stuff based on it with some addition from Dark Conspiracy (it fits my potential players better). Therefore, I find our little conversation very instructive. T2K remains almost unknown in France and I found this to be a pity.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM

Haven't played for a good few years now...I guess I class myself as a writer, primarily of UK reference material...it's doubtful if any of it will ever be used in a campaign (certainly not one that I'd be involved in), so my next logical step would be to move on to writing fiction based around it....if I ever complete it that is...
Old 10-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Online GM and online player. I am always on the lookout for a face to face campaign but alas, those are pretty scarce, all the players seem to live in the Frisco area or Oz dang it! With a few scattered throughout the rest of the world.

But, look at the yahoo groups and I either GMed or played or lurked in 90% of them.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:22 PM

FtF GM for Twilight when its my turn to run a game for our group, player in a variety of games when its other peoples turn to run. Trying hard to talk one of our other GM's into running a T2K game that I can play in.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Well, I suffer the eternal and very usual "Curse of the GM". As a good friend once told to me: "You will referee the games you would like to play". And here I am, "working" as a GM with three different groups. Always "in person", I don't know the experience of an online RPG game.
Usually I organize sessions of Traveller: TNE, Twilight:2000 (v2.2), GURPS (3ED) and, more sparsely, Star Wars (D6 system). GURPS only for ancient or medieval adventures or campaigns.
Although I have a few Twilight modules and I'm wishing to use it in an RPG session, I'm in the habit of write my own adventures and campaigns. A good source of headaches for me. And a good source of satisfaction, too.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:48 AM

Default Been Tooo Long!

I have ref'd a few campaigns and played a few also. Back when I was still in the army I ref'd the "American" campaign and a friend did the "European" one. I haven't played in about 4 years, 2 of my players went to sand land to do the real deal, and I did a year of Homeland Security mission.
I have converted some Morrow Project and WWII vehicles to T2K stats. I used a Morrow project team as NPC's in "Armies of the night". I am thinking of starting out a small FTF group in the near future.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:24 AM

I listed myself as a GM in the poll even though I haven't actually run a T2K game in almost 15 years. Still, that's more recent than the last time I was a player, which would have been 1986 or 87. My interest in the game has come and gone over the years, for various reasons, primarily because most of that time I just couldn't find people to play it, or because we were playing some other game, or just not having the time to get into T2K.

Anyway, a little over a year ago I wound up at some little store in a nearby town, and there was a shelf of out of print RPG products. As I'm going through the stack, mostly the 1st and 2nd edition D&D books I expected would be there, I start seeing Twilight 2000 books, several of which I didn't have (yet). Normally, I consider the phrase "pleasant surprise" to be a contradiction in terms, but I guess there's an exception for everything.
To make the story short, I spent what I had in my wallet, and approximately doubled my T2K collection. Still a few things missing, but give it time....

Well, I could say more, but maybe that's better is other threads. And, I'd hate for my FNG post to be too longwinded.

Major General John Sedgwick, Union Army (1813 - 1864)
Old 11-27-2010, 07:09 AM

Started out with D&D, moved on to Traveller, Boot Hill, Morrow Project, Robotech and T2K...currently running FTF-T2K with a couple of neighbors and cousins and a couple of online games as well.

And yes my better half keeps threatening to have a major house-cleaning and move my RPG junk out to the barn...

"Just don't touch the dice!"
Old 11-28-2010, 12:24 AM

Welcome to the forum Bullet Magnet.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Magnet View Post

Well, I could say more, but maybe that's better is other threads. And, I'd hate for my FNG post to be too longwinded.
BM,

Welcome to the forum, post as long as you like!

Tony

Tags
demographics, polls