RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

View Poll Results: What do you do regarding T2K?
Player ( FTF or webbased/mail) 79 54.86%
GM (FTF or other) 103 71.53%
Writer (t2k-based fiction 40 27.78%
Designer(rules equipment) 37 25.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
Paul i think If I declared you the King of designers (rules equipment) I expect I would get near 100% agreement. Your site is probably the the nucleus upon which a great portion of continued work on the game was built upon. Pretty Important IMHO.
All hail king Paul!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
The Stat Guy

Sometimes I get to thinking about being in the Army and the job I did there -- and then I think of my life now, and unfortunately start feeling sorry for myself. But thanks, guys.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 PM

As of last night all the campaigns I am involved in including a RL 20 year campaign of Harnmaster and my current T2K campaign have ended. Personal issues with a couple of the players have brought me to this decision. Incredibly depressing for me but not nearly as depressing as ever having to face those people again. I'll try to get a T2K campaign going again in the future, probably using the T2013 rules. So this time around I'll have the huge advantage of having this forum and ideas from its contributers to help me when I set it up.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 PM

I haven't played FtF in a long time... and likely won't.

Fortunately at least I play in an online game and GM one myself. Both have been good to me so I'm happy with what I've got.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:05 AM

I have a local gaming group which I started in.....1985 when I moved to this area. There are 8 of us and 1/2 of the original crew still play.

Unfortunately, although all have had a go GMing, only me and one other seem to have the knack so we take turns ( 1 yr-18 months at a time!) running games. After a few long campaigns of Vampire, Rolemaster in Middle-Earth and Cthulu I dusted off the old v1.0 T2K and we have been enjoying it now for a while. May try the T2013 next...maybe I can talk the other guy into running it
Old 08-14-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
As of last night all the campaigns I am involved in including a RL 20 year campaign of Harnmaster and my current T2K campaign have ended. Personal issues with a couple of the players have brought me to this decision. Incredibly depressing for me but not nearly as depressing as ever having to face those people again. I'll try to get a T2K campaign going again in the future, probably using the T2013 rules. So this time around I'll have the huge advantage of having this forum and ideas from its contributers to help me when I set it up.
Sorry to hear that mate.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:55 AM

Hi Everyone!

It's been too long since I posted here. Hope you're all doing fine. I've finally managed to get free of my players' collective grip twisting my arm to run d&d 4th ed. I'm giving running a vanilla-ball twilight 2000 (escape from kalisz) game a shot and hope to get it started next weekend. Wish me luck! I hope I can get the game of the ground and running. It's been a long time since I ran a real twilight game.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
As of last night all the campaigns I am involved in including a RL 20 year campaign of Harnmaster and my current T2K campaign have ended. Personal issues with a couple of the players have brought me to this decision.
Ow. Sorry to hear the news.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Really bummed for you man. Hope you can restart something a little less stressful for you.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielmeister View Post
Hi Everyone!

It's been too long since I posted here. Hope you're all doing fine. I've finally managed to get free of my players' collective grip twisting my arm to run d&d 4th ed. I'm giving running a vanilla-ball twilight 2000 (escape from kalisz) game a shot and hope to get it started next weekend. Wish me luck! I hope I can get the game of the ground and running. It's been a long time since I ran a real twilight game.
Good luck, hope it goes well.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Good luck with your game Spielmeister! A lot of time without reading you!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:04 PM

To Tigger and Marc,

Many thanks! It's been too long and I've been kept away from great gaming due to lots of real-life concerns. I'm hoping to catch some quality gaming time to help me ease up on all the accumulated stress.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
To Tigger and Marc,

Many thanks! It's been too long and I've been kept away from great gaming due to lots of real-life concerns. I'm hoping to catch some quality gaming time to help me ease up on all the accumulated stress.
Sorry for not wishing you luck earlier, and I am wishing it now. I think the end of Targan's game stunned me a bit. Hope you find quite a bit of what you might need here.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:19 PM

I'm still in mourning for my campaign. Very depressing.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm still in mourning for my campaign. Very depressing.
I am to a degree as well. I think I told you that once I went through every post you had on RPGhost in the T2k forum (well over a 1000 IIRC as it was pre purge) in order to document all the details you had provided. It truly did fascinate me. Thank you for the details you provided as I am certain if I ever play again I will "borrow" some of the wonderful ideas you came up with.

The only consolation I can provide is that hopefully a new campaign can rise from the ashes and maybe this time it won't be as stressful for you. Keep your chin up mate.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I GM games in the T2k universe or T2k-derived settings but using gurps 4e. I have not touched the setting or gurps in a long time though. I've been on a gaming hiatus and only got back to RPG-ing very lately. Unfortnately (?) my players hijacked me into D&D 4th ed. so you can say I'm just recharging my T2k energies for now.
Hi there, welcome back. I picked up quite a few of the GURPS books (and PDFs) over the last year or so - mostly when I was on a Traveller nostalgia kick, although I have somewhat fallen in love with Transhuman Space as well (one thing I like about the GURPS books is that they are mostly of such high quality that I can read them like sci-fi). I have a mix of 3e and 4e.

I'd love to see what you've done GURPSifying T2K. I presume you started with the WWII modules and built on from there using High Tech and bits from other books?

Malcolm
Old 08-18-2009, 11:53 PM

Hi Malcolm,

I sent a reply earlier but for some reason, it did not appear in these forums. Must be a disturbance in warp space.

I found a fan-generated twilight 2000 “sourcebook†for gurps 3e sometime back. This document “gurpsified†a lot of twilight material including character nationality templates, civilian backgrounds, weapons and vehicles. In my old games, I used this backed up by gurps vehicles (by David Pulver) and gurps high tech.

My players gave me the updated version of the above document in Gurps 4e, but for some reason, I can no longer find it. I’ll ask around and give you a link where it can be found. I do recall that the 4e version still had no update on the listed vehicles through.

These days though, I’m actually thinking of running my games using the GDW house system for my twilight-type games or the classic traveler system for my space opera games. Maybe it is just GM burnout but with all the new materials available which my players expect me to know and master just as well as they do makes gaming sometimes seem like work. And that is definitely not fun. :-(

I do agree with you that many gurps books are well written and make for good reading. I recall sometime back that an officemate of mine who had very little interest at all in military history picked up copy of gurps ww2 from my office table and started leafing through it. Before the day was through he was hooked on reading it and told me he found it very, very interesting. :-)
Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
Sorry for not wishing you luck earlier, and I am wishing it now. I think the end of Targan's game stunned me a bit. Hope you find quite a bit of what you might need here.
Hi Kato,

Sorry for the belated reply. I was having a hard time posting replies. In any case, thanks for the greetings and I hope you're ok. I definintely find these forums a godsend for a harassed GM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:48 PM

Where’s the option for “collector/enthusiast never played a game onceâ€.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewalker View Post
Where’s the option for “collector/enthusiast never played a game once”.
There is still time. Sounds like you need to gather a gaming group and fulfil your destiny
Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 AM

With T2K, I'm an on-line GM. I'm currently running a PBEM Morrow Project game with T2K as my system.

Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 08-24-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:19 PM
sic1701

Former player of Dungeons and Dragons in high school, graduated to T2K and Morrow Project in college, played a little T2K up to 1991 but nothing since then as all of my players went to other stations (military) or got out or otherwise moved away, married and began to raise families and had no time for such shenanigans, etc.

Real-life has a way of crimping your gaming plans.

After years of fondly remembering T2K and MP but not having any of the books or modules any longer, I began to retake up that old interest after finding several modules in a used bookstore. No time to play, but plenty of time to read.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 AM

Well my Game for now is over, DM burnout. Really wish I could play some T2k Ftf But no one here will ref it. Ill sate my self buy continuing to work on tweaking the house rules and putting them together in a more organized form.

Will see what happens, give myself a break, one of the others will run something for a while, and I think ill start a new campaign with a normal vanilla starting escape from Kaliz or a "WOLVERINES" resistance style game.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:16 AM

Antenna...Ed the Coastie...wow! Talk about the Great Old Ones!
Glad to see you guys are still around.
As for the rest, I am really delightfully surprised at the quality of the material that is being produced now. It's good to see that T2K is in good hands.

Out Here,
Frank Frey
Old 04-28-2010, 03:06 PM

Trying to get started as a GM for T2K, fortunately my girlfriend has lots of gamer friends and we get on well out here in Seattle; unfortuntately I'm getting stationed in Charleston S.C. this summer; great locating but no gaming friends out there and it doesn't seem like the kind of place that would have many gamers.
I'm trying to practice the vehicle and infantry rules here and there to get the hang of it before I start running a game out here, it's much more complex than other more modern RPG's I'm used to, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've been compiling a rules sheet over the past few weeks as a 'quick reference' that in itself is already 12 pages long.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered Kraut

I am GMing with some folks. I had several tries, but T2k is not that popular in Germany. Most people dislike
1. the specific background and
2. all things connected with the military.
The current group began gaming T2k about 2 years ago.

It is difficult to find dates, because everyone is busy. The group consists of 6 players and me. Only two others have served with the Bundeswehr, sometimes it is very hard to explain some of the military issues to the others. In some weeks we will begin with a new (the 4th) adventure. As I'm still explaining some of the rules, we play before the offensive in summer 2000.

But there is a loose group of players, about 10 persons. Some play Midgard (German Fantasy RPG), others play CoC. 4 of the guys play it all.

When it goes well, there are maybe 3 to 4 adventures a year, where I am participating - as GM or player.

I hope, we will get this T2k group to some kind of more regular meetings. Would be nice (And maybe some of the others would try to remember more of the rules).

"IT'S A FREAKIN GAME, PEOPLE!"; Weswood, 5-12-2012
Old 11-27-2010, 05:24 AM

I listed myself as a GM in the poll even though I haven't actually run a T2K game in almost 15 years. Still, that's more recent than the last time I was a player, which would have been 1986 or 87. My interest in the game has come and gone over the years, for various reasons, primarily because most of that time I just couldn't find people to play it, or because we were playing some other game, or just not having the time to get into T2K.

Anyway, a little over a year ago I wound up at some little store in a nearby town, and there was a shelf of out of print RPG products. As I'm going through the stack, mostly the 1st and 2nd edition D&D books I expected would be there, I start seeing Twilight 2000 books, several of which I didn't have (yet). Normally, I consider the phrase "pleasant surprise" to be a contradiction in terms, but I guess there's an exception for everything.
To make the story short, I spent what I had in my wallet, and approximately doubled my T2K collection. Still a few things missing, but give it time....

Well, I could say more, but maybe that's better is other threads. And, I'd hate for my FNG post to be too longwinded.

Major General John Sedgwick, Union Army (1813 - 1864)
Old 11-27-2010, 07:09 AM

Started out with D&D, moved on to Traveller, Boot Hill, Morrow Project, Robotech and T2K...currently running FTF-T2K with a couple of neighbors and cousins and a couple of online games as well.

And yes my better half keeps threatening to have a major house-cleaning and move my RPG junk out to the barn...

"Just don't touch the dice!"
Old 11-28-2010, 12:24 AM

Welcome to the forum Bullet Magnet.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Magnet View Post

Well, I could say more, but maybe that's better is other threads. And, I'd hate for my FNG post to be too longwinded.
BM,

Welcome to the forum, post as long as you like!

Tony

Tags
demographics, polls