RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

View Poll Results: What do you do regarding T2K?
Player ( FTF or webbased/mail) 79 54.86%
GM (FTF or other) 103 71.53%
Writer (t2k-based fiction 40 27.78%
Designer(rules equipment) 37 25.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2008, 07:28 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default What do u do?

I remebered the old post regarding this and since we are in a new forum and have probably some new members - here goes.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 AM

GM and occasional player but I haven't been conducting a T2K game in years as the last game I ran over last summers was a star Wars (three days game). Don't ask; I kill players in Star Wars (that last game ended in the Empire winning over my PCs, Oops), so guess about T2K . I don't have time to play IRL for now and no time to play online. However, I remain very interested in that game and work on designing my own stuff based on it with some addition from Dark Conspiracy (it fits my potential players better). Therefore, I find our little conversation very instructive. T2K remains almost unknown in France and I found this to be a pity.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM

Haven't played for a good few years now...I guess I class myself as a writer, primarily of UK reference material...it's doubtful if any of it will ever be used in a campaign (certainly not one that I'd be involved in), so my next logical step would be to move on to writing fiction based around it....if I ever complete it that is...
Old 10-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Online GM and online player. I am always on the lookout for a face to face campaign but alas, those are pretty scarce, all the players seem to live in the Frisco area or Oz dang it! With a few scattered throughout the rest of the world.

But, look at the yahoo groups and I either GMed or played or lurked in 90% of them.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:22 PM

FtF GM for Twilight when its my turn to run a game for our group, player in a variety of games when its other peoples turn to run. Trying hard to talk one of our other GM's into running a T2K game that I can play in.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Well, I suffer the eternal and very usual "Curse of the GM". As a good friend once told to me: "You will referee the games you would like to play". And here I am, "working" as a GM with three different groups. Always "in person", I don't know the experience of an online RPG game.
Usually I organize sessions of Traveller: TNE, Twilight:2000 (v2.2), GURPS (3ED) and, more sparsely, Star Wars (D6 system). GURPS only for ancient or medieval adventures or campaigns.
Although I have a few Twilight modules and I'm wishing to use it in an RPG session, I'm in the habit of write my own adventures and campaigns. A good source of headaches for me. And a good source of satisfaction, too.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Well Marc, I am in the process of starting a T2K play by post, you want expeience, I can give it! What ya say?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:29 PM

Mmmm... I must admit that I have not idea of how it works, Jester. It's like a forum?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Mmmm... I must admit that I have not idea of how it works, Jester. It's like a forum?

In a word, "YES" that is more or less how it works. Although there are other portions of the site for regular discussions much like we have here.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:33 AM

Default yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Well, I suffer the eternal and very usual "Curse of the GM". As a good friend once told to me: "You will referee the games you would like to play". And here I am, "working" as a GM with three different groups. Always "in person", I don't know the experience of an online RPG game.
Usually I organize sessions of Traveller: TNE, Twilight:2000 (v2.2), GURPS (3ED) and, more sparsely, Star Wars (D6 system). GURPS only for ancient or medieval adventures or campaigns.
Although I have a few Twilight modules and I'm wishing to use it in an RPG session, I'm in the habit of write my own adventures and campaigns. A good source of headaches for me. And a good source of satisfaction, too.
too true --good saying .

Having alot of players for FtF is a scarcecommodity ( r/na )

happy that I got a good group.Would love to play as player though..

UPDATE : since 2009 our group has two campaigns running - General Pains megamercmayhem Merc:2000 campaign ,set in the present were our team battles supervillain-ish henchmen of evil cooperations and secret brotherhoods as well as run like H*** from the local cops .Think militarized genetic experiments gone wrong ,firefights that involve over 1000 rounds fired from the party alone ,characters that have been kicked out of the service from the SAS etc because of drunkedness,a Russian impostor of 82 years age ,occultism, and techno thriller elements .Happy to play in it .See myself as the only sane PC though ..

In addition our 6 year RL campaign that we jokingly run in a Tv -series "format" .We are now at S06E02 , and awaiting the release of S06E03 eagerly.All in all we have had atleast 70 sessions so far . It is a soap - in many ways - family drama and intrigue set in a postapocalyptic California were MilGov,CivGov,Mexican factions, secessionists,usurpers,traitors,militias,marauders AND the party with their various factions vye for power and prestige "Under a Burning Sun" .As a GM it has been demanding to keep track of records and count beans as well as having enough CPU to process info and make decisions .Onm the other hand our "out of scope game " has seen the players use the rules for naval combat,aerial dog fights,large unit warfare and strategic warfare as well as espionage ,skirmishes,big fights ,hand to hand combat,tank vs tank -you name it .As fortunes have risen and dwindled again we now stand at sotrt of a full circle - once again the party is alone,hunted,hungry and wounded in a more or less "Escape from Kalisz " like scenario.

thats what I /we do .

Me and General Pain also maintain a site with houserules,stats and pics of gear and weapons etc .

Last edited by headquarters; 04-27-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:48 AM

Default Been Tooo Long!

I have ref'd a few campaigns and played a few also. Back when I was still in the army I ref'd the "American" campaign and a friend did the "European" one. I haven't played in about 4 years, 2 of my players went to sand land to do the real deal, and I did a year of Homeland Security mission.
I have converted some Morrow Project and WWII vehicles to T2K stats. I used a Morrow project team as NPC's in "Armies of the night". I am thinking of starting out a small FTF group in the near future.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
Happy that I got a good group. Would love to play as player though..
Same here.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:41 PM
bigehauser

I as well as a few other run games on RPOL...drop me a line if you like trying to survive in sunny Florida.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigehauser
I as well as a few other run games on RPOL...drop me a line if you like trying to survive in sunny Florida.

Whats the challenge of Florida? Its sunny, plenty of orange trees, where is the challenge, the grittyness!

You want a REAL GAME, come to my Arctic Raiders Game, there you have to battle the elements as well as the Russians
Old 10-12-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
Whats the challenge of Florida? Its sunny, plenty of orange trees, where is the challenge, the grittyness!

You want a REAL GAME, come to my Arctic Raiders Game, there you have to battle the elements as well as the Russians
Elements probably more than the Russians. Will your players have dogs? That might save their lives . Russians won't be a peace of cake, even local farmers (in fact hunters) might be more used to weather conditions there than your Pcs.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:50 AM

Nope, no dogs, they had them last time I played in Alaska, but not this time. Its best that way really
Old 10-12-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
Nope, no dogs, they had them last time I played in Alaska, but not this time. Its best that way really
I'm sure. I really don't have time but you tempt me every day.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 AM

Probably it is only me left in town that plays T2k and that aint so fucking much of a gaming group. What I do instead is to plan an update on my homepage regarding my T2k Swedish Sourcebook.

Antenna
Old 10-26-2008, 09:17 PM

I GM games in the T2k universe or T2k-derived settings but using gurps 4e. I have not touched the setting or gurps in a long time though. I've been on a gaming hiatus and only got back to RPG-ing very lately. Unfortnately (?) my players hijacked me into D&D 4th ed. so you can say I'm just recharging my T2k energies for now.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to Ed the Coastie

I have neither played nor GMed a T2k game in quite a while, and I really miss it. Unfortunately, my current work schedule precludes me from doing much gaming at all right now...my only free evening is Wednesday.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the Coastie
I have neither played nor GMed a T2k game in quite a while, and I really miss it. Unfortunately, my current work schedule precludes me from doing much gaming at all right now...my only free evening is Wednesday.
Know the feeling. Got a new job, I deliver auto parts for an auto parts store. I just started and will have 40 hours next week. My gaming buddy is my boss and the guy under him is truly my boss, he tells me where to go. Between our schedules, gaming is not an option but it does give me time to flesh out the world when I can. I worked for a major delivery company in accounting but got laid off but where I'm at now, auto parts, that should be good. The way the economy is going, people will need to keep their old heaps running.

Chuck
Old 11-16-2008, 01:50 AM

Send a message via MSN to Ed the Coastie

*nods* Amen. I'm a (newly-promoted) assistant manager for a movie theater, and currently close five nights a week; I don't get home much before 2300 or so, and it is not uncommon for me to get home as late as 0130. The sixth night is generally devoted to training with my local CERT (Community Emergency Response Team), and the seventh is thus pretty much the only night I have with my family.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:22 PM

Security detail at LTU (Lule Tech University) sometimes I can have as much as 60 hours workday. And still I am only a trainee. Gaming is no option in my world I would love to play a regular fantasy game as a player. I am so tired sometimes so I could cry tears of blood.

Antenna
Old 11-17-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antenna
I am so tired sometimes so I could cry tears of blood.
Ah yes, the "Tears of the Damned".
Old 11-23-2008, 12:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Security detail at LTU (Lule Tech University) sometimes I can have as much as 60 hours workday. And still I am only a trainee. Gaming is no option in my world I would love to play a regular fantasy game as a player. I am so tired sometimes so I could cry tears of blood.

Antenna
i know, I'm using muscles that I didn't even know I had when I have to lift up heavy brake rotors/drums, car batteries and driveshafts and what is really murder, crates of windshield washer "blue stuff" we call "Smurf pee." I'm aching and stiff at times but it is good, honest work and we are busy, I need to take care of my family. I cope very well although I wish I was 18 again instead of 42. I love what i'm doing though, learning about cars and my grade school buddy, who is also in my gaming group, is my boss.

Chuck M.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Player to be named later

Way back in the day when my cousin was GM I got to play, and sometimes in college too, but mostly I ended up being the GM. Been a while since I've run a game, but I've been kicking around the idea with some friends, and with the new T:2013 on the way we might just get things rolling again...
Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 AM
Out on bail

Hey, if you manage 60 hours work days, I can't see why you shouldn't ba able to play a little. All work and no play... you know the chant

Quote:

Antenna
Old 06-23-2009, 06:26 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking

Quote:

Antenna
Long time since we seen from you Antenna....But your post puzzles me...how in the world do you fit 60 hours into a 24 hour day ? I've been trying to do this for years myself but allways ended up beeing late to everything I was doing....Whats your secret
Old 08-13-2009, 01:40 PM
The Stat Guy

Nothing of any importance.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 08-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Nothing of any importance.
Paul i think If I declared you the King of designers (rules equipment) I expect I would get near 100% agreement. Your site is probably the the nucleus upon which a great portion of continued work on the game was built upon. Pretty Important IMHO.

Tags
demographics, polls