RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 02-02-2010, 07:21 AM

Default A message of love and unity

Last session was good fun and I feel that there was plenty of opportunity to get shooting time going .

The infighting was vicious and did not improve the partys tactical position however.

There is little use in putting any blame on anyone in particular - pretty much everyone has been a fu***ng basta** against the others from time to time.Some will point to teh GM and say -"he put me up to it!" Or in other words society is to blame and I am not responsible ..

in either /all cases :

" lets not argue and bicker about who killed who ..."

Bad blood from 5 seasons of murderous campaigning with everyone trying their best to topple the others .Backstabbing as an industry,paranoia,fear,hostility and of course-endless bickering....
The cost of life.. ( well ,playercharacter life,but still ..)

But the way I see it there is now 4 NEW characters in my campaign ,and none of them know the last "old hand" ( deCorba ) very well.

You got the young and brash aristocrat "Junior",
the blasè showman with the big ego ,
the scared academic with the scrawny,pale arms ,
you have the sixgun toting bluecollar grease monkey and
the seasoned war veteran warlord - a survivor of pepperspray and mustard gas attacks .

On paper it is a great team .Skilled in many different areas.

Everyone is pretty much new to eachother.

The slates are clean.

In other words :

It is a great opportunity to start building mutual trust and respect for eachothers PCs and get some bonafide camaraderie going .Meaning :
sticking your neck out for a buddy
giving up something you want for yourself for the good of all
supporting your pals when they are hard pressed
and for God`s sake - stop shooting eachother to pieces with the "supporting fire " moves you guys are pulling !
(see the thread "small unit tactical cohesion and combat rules knowledge " )

As a GM I always lay out pitfalls for the players - it is a favourite past time.It can be anything from the one cool gun inbetween the other piecs of junk ,a secret offer of power and riches if you just change your allegiances,an opportunity to oppress one of the other PCs with impunity..

It is never done because I enjoy bickering and bitter feuds so much .
( Although I do enjoy them a little ) .

But rather these are the challenges that your PCs face in ADDITION to all the NPCs charging you with guns blazing .

Take a moment to reflect on this before your PCs next actions.

They may come back to haunt you .

peace
-out

Last edited by headquarters; 02-02-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 AM

Default Hehe

Sorry about the "supporting" fire...

I guess I got a little too enthustastic as the setting reminded me a little too much about a movie set...

Anyways, I really enjoyed the infighting which was very Al Quida-style, and the on-the-job-training for the new recruits.

The last minute of playing was is a nice cliffhanger for the sequel which I guess will be released in 2010 somewhere:

The old-timer, shot to pieces hanging on to his cannon on top of an exploding nuke storage, the two recruits running for their life in fear and desperation and Iron Man running James-Bond style chased by a helicopter dogding bullets and laughing of death. Where did Grease go - I must have forgot...

Anyways nice session - although we could downplay the infighting slightly next time we meet.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:11 AM

Default hehe indeed

You are quite right, I hadnt really thought of this - the cliffhanger aspect came through strong this time , with you guys running away from the countdown in the nuke bunker and starting out into the area around the bunker that is teeming with desperate ,fanatical NDP cadre that seem hell bent on getting out of there for some reason..

Of course - helicopters buzzing overhead now and then with some kind of task in the NDP operation to stop you guys..

Little time from sitdown to it goes down next time around.

As for the message of love and unity - humanity can only hope that all of you will get your sh*t together and act as a band of brothers sometime soonish.

Sanchez- no worries. I am sure the guys will accept your apology for shooting them down from behind as they were storming the enemy position.And for using a judo throw to push one of them out into the enemy line of fire .And for throwing handgrenades that caught them in the blast radius.

Twice.

hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Sorry about the "supporting" fire...

I guess I got a little too enthustastic as the setting reminded me a little too much about a movie set...

Anyways, I really enjoyed the infighting which was very Al Quida-style, and the on-the-job-training for the new recruits.

The last minute of playing was is a nice cliffhanger for the sequel which I guess will be released in 2010 somewhere:

The old-timer, shot to pieces hanging on to his cannon on top of an exploding nuke storage, the two recruits running for their life in fear and desperation and Iron Man running James-Bond style chased by a helicopter dogding bullets and laughing of death. Where did Grease go - I must have forgot...

Anyways nice session - although we could downplay the infighting slightly next time we meet.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Out on bail

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Iron Man is an Epic character!

Sanchez - I love you man! Keep up the great work!

As for Grease, I'm leading the two prisoners in a head over heel escape from what will be known as DeCorbas funeral pyre.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:55 AM

Default yes...

+1 for forgiveness from Willis it is .Thats the spirit man ! Brotherly love ( platonic ) and espirit de corps.hear , hear !

It will also be known as " the charge of the light squad" - the famous attack of a half squad of badly wounded infantrymen against the brigade size mechanized NDP unit that had surrounded the funeral pyre.

both movies will be great !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Iron Man is an Epic character!

Sanchez - I love you man! Keep up the great work!

As for Grease, I'm leading the two prisoners in a head over heel escape from what will be known as DeCorbas funeral pyre.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:19 AM

Default Iron men never die

Thank you, Willies.

I love myself too, and I always respect my fans.

Worldwide.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:59 AM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
Thank you, Willies.

I love myself too, and I always respect my fans.

Worldwide.
Remind me to get that guys autograph before the NDP blows his head off

Old 04-21-2010, 04:06 AM

Default team spirit

Last session was quite actionpacked-lots of enemies and enough shooting for most I dare say.

The party was even attacked with neutron bombs -now,what GM can say that they have specifically targeted their party with such attention and care ?

ALthough there are many aspects that needs work in your tactics during firefights there was some good developments too.

The wounded were rescued and cared for by those who could still act .Coverfire was EVENTUALLY laid down to help those pinned down.

I smell the wiff of actual team work and it would seem that some among you have taken the first baby steps into looking at a map of a firefight not only from the perspective of your own PC and what he can do ,but also from the perspective of what your PC can do for the others to make the party as a whole reach their goals.

I hope this developes further along these lines .

I encourage you guys to have a meaningful discussion (no insults-play nice !) about what happened,what went wrong and how to do better the next time.This is what is called a "hot wash up" after a military operation.

The party is alone now.Hunted.Wounded and starving behind enemy lines.Who will bail your PC out if he gets wounded? Who will give covering fire when you make the rush to the next position ? What do YOU have to do to make that happen?

Ahhh..the Boathouse. Such an idyllic setting for the next ,tragic chapter of season 6.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Field marshal with an itch

All of the above.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stegger/sets
Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 AM

Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba View Post
All of the above.
what do you mean ?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:01 PM

I mean that, yes, there is a long way before we emulate something remotely like professional soldiery. And, like you have pointed out, this is a good time to focus on more foxhole-buddy-actions, and less on Machiavellian assassination schemes. But, like all dog handlers know, you get farther with praise than scorn - you should make sure to point out every time we actually do something a little better instead of focusing on how long we have to go before we are a perfect team

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 05-02-2010, 01:48 PM

Default Absolutely not!

Quote:
I mean that, yes, there is a long way before we emulate something remotely like professional soldiery. And, like you have pointed out, this is a good time to focus on more foxhole-buddy-actions, and less on Machiavellian assassination schemes. But, like all dog handlers know, you get farther with praise than scorn - you should make sure to point out every time we actually do something a little better instead of focusing on how long we have to go before we are a perfect team
Scorn is the only language you dirty scum will understand -as well as the loss of hitpoints!!!

Nah,you are right . ( I just didnt really think my input mattered that much anyways in the matter ).

You guys did survive the engagement that I was sure that I had designed in a way that would kill at least 2-4 PCs . The infighting ( my most deadly trap ) got two.

The NDP attacks nearly killed three.

Only due to cooperation and on the spot agreements to carry on fighting shoulder to shoulder were you able to force the encirclement and shoot yourselves free.

You then proceeded to helping eachother through extremely difficult times ,were most were wounded-and some were on the verge of slipping under and spiraling towards protracted death by multiple gunshot wounds and complications.

This was all good . In the continuance of the scenario I sincerely hope that those who acted selflessly will recieve gratitude and loyalty and that those who took a beating will have earned the respect of the others for their valor.

(Tune in pompous music ..)

Only together will you be able to fullfill your destiny - and face the carnage that awaits you.

I see a new era dawning in the party - no longer will the one who is most ruthless be first among equals. Only valor and noble deeds will bear meaning.

Only courage will be the measure of the man (PC).

Looking forward to playing the next round - buddies in the foxholes it is..and teh hounds are baying.....
Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 AM

Yeah, there´s hope in a hanging line like we say in Norway - next session will be quite nervy though. If our survival depends on group cohesion (like it seems from the pre-release), then it will be a thriller indeed.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 05-03-2010, 03:23 AM

Default hehe -hope to get some suspense going

Quote:
Yeah, there´s hope in a hanging line like we say in Norway - next session will be quite nervy though. If our survival depends on group cohesion (like it seems from the pre-release), then it will be a thriller indeed.
I will of course try to create a "pressure cooker " to try to provoke a response that isnt optimal for the group as a whole or downright deadly for individual members of the group.

Since you will depend on eachother ,forging bonds at an early stage is probably a good idea- like they say in the doorman business - the likelyhood that someone will punch you drops by 90% if you started the conversation by shaking their hand....

I hope to see good cooperation - and perhaps even noble acts of some sort.God only knows that you guys have enough to atone for..

Anyways -seafood,beers,the boathouse and the deep south in summer -looking forward to it !!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Out on bail

Default blue mussels

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
Anyways -seafood,beers,the boathouse and the deep south in summer -looking forward to it !!
I was out in my boat yesterday - it was a fabulous day. I went snorkeling to check out a new spot looking for marine goodies. I found a really great place to gather blue mussels, the delicious, edible marine bivalve mollusc we all know and love! I can guarantee that we will be feasting on an epic serving of Moules Farcie. I'll be cooking at least that dish!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 AM

Default aargglglgglgssrgl..salivate...

Quote:
I was out in my boat yesterday - it was a fabulous day. I went snorkeling to check out a new spot looking for marine goodies. I found a really great place to gather blue mussels, the delicious, edible marine bivalve mollusc we all know and love! I can guarantee that we will be feasting on an epic serving of Moules Farcie. I'll be cooking at least that dish!
Just before lunch hour here,reading this I get hungry at the animalistic /Roman orgie level .

Cant wait.
If the weather permits maybe we can eat at the pier ,so I can just take a quick bath in the sea to rinse of all the juices that have soiled me from my face slouching around in my plate.

Great stuff W.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Out on bail

Default Yum-ah Yum-ah (Japanese for yummy)

I've been practicing my Sushi cooking skills - I've established a score of 2, I think - and hence I'll be serving salmon sashimi with garnish. It'll be made from Salma, and it's really delicious. No poisonous blowfish or snake ejaculate; fear not, brethren!

It'll be a feast for gods of war!
Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 AM

Default Nice

Quote:
I've been practicing my Sushi cooking skills - I've established a score of 2, I think - and hence I'll be serving salmon sashimi with garnish. It'll be made from Salma, and it's really delicious. No poisonous blowfish or snake ejaculate; fear not, brethren!

It'll be a feast for gods of war!
love sushi.

good .
Old 06-16-2010, 02:21 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Question yeees

As the time of destruction comes nigh....

Have anyone any ideas for our meals ?

And more importantly who will come?

DeCorba has chosen to not join us since he has to do some clipping in his upcoming artistic film.

I guess for the moment the guestlist will be like this...

General Pain - offcourse
HQ - definantly
The Devil - disturbing silent as of late...
Rupert W. - most likely . I hope you can get free from your family duties
Sanchez - who knows ?

out....
Old 06-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Out on bail

Do you ever read the posts above before you make a new one?

I've presented two courses that I plan to prepare, provided I may utilize your mothers kitchen.

So YES, I'll be there, and yes I've thought of food we might eat.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:32 AM

Default no

Quote:
Do you ever read the posts above before you make a new one?

I've presented two courses that I plan to prepare, provided I may utilize your mothers kitchen.

So YES, I'll be there, and yes I've thought of food we might eat.
he rarely does.

Looking forward to maritime delicacies.Love sushi and sashimi .

I was thinking of driving to a local butcher I know of ,buying kid-goat and cooking up a slow cooking ceramic pot in the oven .Its recipe is :
meat rubbed with spices and salt is placed in prepped ceramic cooker,onions,garlic,a little oil and red wine is added.Place in oven at 80-100 degrees and play rp- game -can sit in oven for around 12 hours but needs at least 2 hours -jut gets more tender and better tasting the longer it sits in there .Served with rustic fresh bread and some good red or cold brew.

Takes around 25 minutes to prepare plus shopping time .

Last edited by headquarters; 06-17-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:58 AM

Default Food is love

The culinary intermission here is all very interesting .I am so looking forward to feasting and gaming three days to the end with you guys.

But this is sligthly OT in THIS thread and should be posted in the
S06E03 "A Dark and Bloody Trail" -thread .

The topic of this thread is to engage everyone in discussions to further good cooperation and esprit de Corps in the party.Fighting as a unit with loyalty and trust towards eachother as well as tactical prowess to meet the demands of todays cold hearted GMs .

The Odds were against them .Time was running out.Could their courage and loyalty win the day ?

not unless they were bloody lucky!

Just kidding with that last one .maybe you guys should investigate the alien and ridiculous concept of "comrades in arms " a little further.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Out on bail

How about trying out the buddy system? If we pick, or have designated buddies to work with, maybe that will be easier than just being on big happy family?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Out on bail

So how about the buddy system? Does anyone have anything to say about it? Pros or Cons?

Pros:
Fewer people to concentrate on
Easier to use strategic movements
Team leaders make decisions

Cons:
?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 AM

Default great Idea

Quote:
So how about the buddy system? Does anyone have anything to say about it? Pros or Cons?

Pros:
Fewer people to concentrate on
Easier to use strategic movements
Team leaders make decisions

Cons:
?
I think it is a great idea.
For one -it is what is done in the military some times - and a good way to organize a small squad .

Also -it marks an important step up from the disorganized everyman for himself to effecient cooperation in firefights .

Only thing is the pairs should get a common objective/direction before they start off !

Old 06-25-2010, 05:06 AM
Out on bail

I agree, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Should we try to fix some pairs before we start out, or should we just wing it when we get to Baadhuset?

Quote:
I think it is a great idea.
For one -it is what is done in the military some times - and a good way to organize a small squad .

Also -it marks an important step up from the disorganized everyman for himself to effecient cooperation in firefights .

Only thing is the pairs should get a common objective/direction before they start off !

Old 06-25-2010, 06:05 AM

Default I say wing it

Quote:
I agree, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Should we try to fix some pairs before we start out, or should we just wing it when we get to Baadhuset?
When we get there there will be plenty of time to discuss this and set up the plans ( More than 120 secs will be allocated to this before the GM kicks into violent encounter descriptions in abusive languade mode)

We got 5 guys -one PC in a bad way ( deCorba) .
Just a little conundrum to mull over until we meet .

Moving in pairs with one pair covering the other or the pair buddies covering eachother will definently spare a few hps dmg .
Old 06-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Out on bail

I'll team up with spandex-man and save the day!

Quote:
When we get there there will be plenty of time to discuss this and set up the plans ( More than 120 secs will be allocated to this before the GM kicks into violent encounter descriptions in abusive languade mode)

We got 5 guys -one PC in a bad way ( deCorba) .
Just a little conundrum to mull over until we meet .

Moving in pairs with one pair covering the other or the pair buddies covering eachother will definently spare a few hps dmg .