RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 AM

The 2nd reformed in northern Germany in January 1998. There's no indication they were involved in any significant actions from then until Spring 2000 (which doesn't say they weren't of course).

My thoughts are in around late April, early May 2000, the 2nd moved to Kiel and embarked on transports to take them to their landings across the Wisla delta. At a guess the sea journey wouldn't have taken a day, the actual landing about three or four days (due to a shortage of landing vessels), and overland movement and securing of initial objectives another day or two.

Landing at Stegna, primary objectives might be the village & bridges at Rybina (and eventual location of DIVHQ and supporting units), Wisla river crossing at Dworek, the town & bridges at Nowy Dwor, and bridge at Jazowa.
Secondary objectives (to provide an alternate route for the 8th ID and following units) would be the bridge over Leniwka at the west end of Sobieszewo Island (east of Gdansk), the ferry at Sobieszewo (east of Gdansk), and the lock at the south eastern end of the island. Elbag might be taken a few days later depending on the overall situation while the remainder of the division digs in and sends out patrols against the expected Pact reaction.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 07-11-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
The 2nd reformed in northern Germany in January 1998. There's no indication they were involved in any significant actions from then until Spring 2000 (which doesn't say they weren't of course).
I think we discussed this a little in the last year. I suspect the division, now unified, was kept as an uncommitted reserve during the Soviet '98 offensive, or perhaps used as a raiding force on the Baltic, and/or as an amphibious decoy to threaten the Baltic coast.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM

That's a lot of work and a lot of attention to detail, Leg. I wish I had the time to study you ORBAT in detail and give proper feedback, but I don't even have time for my own work right now. Thanks for keeping the creative light lit!