RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 01-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Default The 1200

I have been watching Colony, just started watching season two and something made me think.

In the beginning of season two, two FBI agents are investigating the disappearance of several VIP's in the LA area, these VIPs including tech company CEOs, military officers, and one senior CIA official. The FBI also found that one of the VIP's was taken by force by an unknown faction using military assault tactics. The FBI agents are able to find one person who left behind, as he was able to make to a safe room before the unknown team found him. When the FBI talk to him he reveals that he is on a list of 1200 persons in the US that would be needed if the US went for pot and they needed to rebuild.

So dose this sound like something the project would do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_(TV_series)
Old 01-19-2017, 10:13 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
I have been watching Colony, just started watching season two and something made me think.

In the beginning of season two, two FBI agents are investigating the disappearance of several VIP's in the LA area, these VIPs including tech company CEOs, military officers, and one senior CIA official. The FBI also found that one of the VIP's was taken by force by an unknown faction using military assault tactics. The FBI agents are able to find one person who left behind, as he was able to make to a safe room before the unknown team found him. When the FBI talk to him he reveals that he is on a list of 1200 persons in the US that would be needed if the US went for pot and they needed to rebuild.

So dose this sound like something the project would do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_(TV_series)
There was some back and forth debate on the Project kidnapping people shortly before the War begins. That dissolved into a moral / philosophical debate with no clear winner and some hurt feelings.

Personally, I am in the Pro camp. There are many persons perfect for the post War and five year plan that are not acceptable for many reasons as recruits.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
There was some back and forth debate on the Project kidnapping people shortly before the War begins. That dissolved into a moral / philosophical debate with no clear winner and some hurt feelings.

Personally, I am in the Pro camp. There are many persons perfect for the post War and five year plan that are not acceptable for many reasons as recruits.
Since we are talking about TV shows, this kidnapping people idea is key to Wayward Pines. The results on that show are less than spectacular, but the premise under which they are kidnapped is a different then the Project.