RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 01-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default T2K eBooks

shrike6 06-15-2004, 05:41 PM Look what I found, somebody has made ebooks out of all (v1, 2, 2.2) Twilight 2000 books. Check it out. http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/...hp?cPath=21_23

ReHerakhte 06-16-2004, 03:38 AM Sorry shrike, I beat you to it

http://forums.rpghost.com/showthread...threadid=19713

When I looked them over they didn't appear to have all the books converted over but as they have approval from Mr Miller (the licence holder), I figured it wouldn't be lonf before they got all of them on there... they even had City of Angels for heaven's sake!!

Cheers,

Kevin

shrike6 06-16-2004, 07:18 AM Kudos to you then, ReHerakhte for finding it. I wasn't thinking so much of City of Angels (which is crap in my opinion). I was thinking of those guys who didn't have 2.2 yet. The Last time I saw one on ebay it went for $90 compared to $15 for the ebook, now that's a significant discount.

Andy-Shot 06-16-2004, 12:21 PM RDF sells for about 60 bucks, its something like 6 on the e-book. Its a good thing that they are selling the pdf, because I remember way back when waiting for FFE to print the books was taking forever and I had gave up.

Ed the Coastie 06-17-2004, 12:24 AM Biggest problem I have with it is the fact that I am going to have to spring for the latest version of Adobe in order to read the modules. *grumble* My current version has served me well for a 3-4 years now, and I really can't afford to buy a new version.

ReHerakhte 06-17-2004, 05:17 AM Oh believe me Shrike, I most certainly wasn't thinking of City of Angels either Years back I recieved a scanned copy from a woman who used to be on the old TownHall RPG forums (I can't for the life of me remember her name or forum ID) Anyway, I printed it all off and waited till I had it all together before reading any of it, anticipating a good session of reading through another Twilight 1st Ed module.

BUT

I had to go through my stuff to see who this Sheeley guy was and found out he had done the 2nd Ed Special Ops book, which was quite reasonable... then I found he had also done the East European Sourcebook, which was okay

Oh well, not every module can be a winner I suppose. At least he got a little better considering the Special Ops book.

My biggest concern was exactly as Ed has pointed out, a new version of Adobe so as to activate the DRM stuff

Cheers,

Kevin

shrike6 06-17-2004, 05:41 AM I guess I'm alittle confused I thought Adobe Reader was freeware.

Andy-Shot 06-17-2004, 07:23 AM I got it free from their website. I know that the Professional version is expensive, but you dont need that for just viewing...

ReHerakhte 06-17-2004, 08:48 AM Hope this clears up the confusion, apologies if I'm repeating the obvious to those who already know...

Adobe Acrobat is available in one of two versions, Read only (Acrobat Reader) and Read plus Write (full version). The full version comes in a few more flavours such as the Professional version Andy-Shot mentioned.

The Reader is a free download from numerous sites across the web that allows you to view PDF documents only whereas the full version allows you to read and create PDF docs and is typically only available from software vendors for sale as a CD install or as a net download from the Adobe site. Either way, the full version can cost quite a bit in some countries (like Australia) depending on the extra features you want although I don't know what the prices are like in the US for such software.

Cheers,

Kevin

Old 12-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Banned

FYI the ebooks are a steal compared to trying to buy the real thing - went on Amazon and Ebay today and saw these prices

East European Sourcebook 143 dollars!

https://www.amazon.com/East-Europe-S...=twilight+2000

Heavy Weapons Guide 438 dollars!

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Weapons...=twilight+2000

UK Survivors Guide 70 bucks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Twilight-20...0Xg:rk:35:pf:0