RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 08-19-2018, 04:49 AM

Default Anti Tank Weapons

Can someone please explain in 2.0 what the A/T pen 'C' means

Ans Dam C:* B:*

Thanks
Old 08-19-2018, 06:43 AM

From the attachment (a clipped version of the Rapira 125mm gun)
The HEAT round has a range of 400 damage of C:10, B 20 and Pen of 110C.
the APFSDS round rng of 450 damage 28 pen of 100/90/80/60.
Pen of 110C is 110 constant (regardless of range to target) because of the explosive warhead. The kinetic rounds lose penetration the further they are. the Damage (C:10 B20) is (C)oncussion and (B)last damage from the explosive warhead.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2018, 07:17 AM

Thanks for clearing that up.

The only one still confuses me is the M12 SMAW as only shows C and B damage.

HEAT - Rng 100; Damage C:4 B:4 Pen:55C. Surely it woud do some damage to a vehicle or am I missing something.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:38 PM
History Geek

Penetration is a key number for determining the damage done to armored vehicles. Once you determine if you hit the AFV and where you struck it (front turret or whatever) you compare the Pen number to the armor for that spot on the AFV.

You also might have to add a die roll and possibly make some other calculations, based on the type of round, range, and/or for special types of armor (spaced, composite, or reactive). Once you do these calculations and get the final penetration value you then determine the extent of damage. Generally if the Pen is higher than the armor value the round will do some damage.

I don't know which version you are playing, but in my v2.2 rulebook the Penetration info is back around Page 216 and the damage charts are on 218.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:36 PM

Looks like it's the Concussion and Burst numbers that are throwing you off. See the rules under "Explosions" and "Descriptive Terms" (p.197 in my v2.0 BYB).
Concussion, C is the number of dice rolled for damage if someone/something is hit directly by the round.
Burst, B is the primary burst radius, in meters, for the explosion; secondary burst radius is twice the listed number.

Penetration is a separate rating, but it may also have a "--C" if the round in question is an explosive one.

The M12 SMAW rating that you cite would do 2d6+55 points of damage to any vehicle that it strikes (less the armor, per the Vehicle Damage Resolution table).
Old 08-20-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Lee View Post
Looks like it's the Concussion and Burst numbers that are throwing you off. See the rules under "Explosions" and "Descriptive Terms" (p.197 in my v2.0 BYB).
Concussion, C is the number of dice rolled for damage if someone/something is hit directly by the round.
Burst, B is the primary burst radius, in meters, for the explosion; secondary burst radius is twice the listed number.

Penetration is a separate rating, but it may also have a "--C" if the round in question is an explosive one.

The M12 SMAW rating that you cite would do 2d6+55 points of damage to any vehicle that it strikes (less the armor, per the Vehicle Damage Resolution table).
The Admiral's correct in his posting. Concussion Damage is delivered to everyone in the Primary Burst Radius. 1/2 Concussion is delivered to the Secondary Burst Radius.

As Commanche pointed out already, the "C" in Penetration stands for Constant (through all ranges).