RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 02-10-2017, 08:53 AM

Default Converting TMP 3E to 4E

Is there any information anywhere about converting vehicle stats fro 3E to 4E especially armour values?
Old 02-10-2017, 08:58 AM

Not sure, but why? 4ED is looking dead in the water at this point.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:22 PM

The 4th edition lists all the vehicles in TM1-1. There isn't a vast difference but as a swift conversion, "4th edition" armor figures are about 3 times the "3rd edition" figures
Old 02-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
It is not dead as long as we don't let it be. The game was dead when I started my website back in 1998 and we saw 2 new modules, a new 4th edition and a couple of new printings of the 3rd edition in the time since then.

There are problems with the rules and we will have to fix them ourselves for the moment.

TML has plans and I'm not really sure why they are having problems getting out the new product they said they would do.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
I was looking to convert and run Liberation at Riverton with 4th Edition and it has a bunch of M60's in it. After looking at the Vehicle rules it may not be worth it as they seem so unfinished. Are passengers and crew really only in danger if a 08-13 is rolled on the hit location table? How do you map the locations rolled to the locations on the vehicle integrity check table, are we supposed to use the layouts in the modules?

Last edited by WaltShumate; 02-11-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltShumate View Post
I was looking to convert and run Liberation at Riverton with 4th Edition and it has a bunch of M60's in it. After looking at the Vehicle rules it may not be worth it as they seem so unfinished. Are passengers and crew really only in danger if a 08-13 is rolled on the hit location table? How do you map the locations rolled to the locations on the vehicle integrity check table, are we supposed to use the layouts in the modules?
You have run into one of the inconsistencies in the rules that needs to be fixed. They are not finished by any means as you have noticed.

The best for the time being is to use the hit-locations from the modules that include them for the vehicle you are using, but also realize that they are not included in later modules. The vehicle blueprints for the 3rd edition will also help you figure these out as well.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
It is not dead as long as we don't let it be.
If the only support and new material is coming from fans, it's dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
The game was dead when I started my website back in 1998 and we saw 2 new modules, a new 4th edition and a couple of new printings of the 3rd edition in the time since then.

There are problems with the rules and we will have to fix them ourselves for the moment.

TML has plans and I'm not really sure why they are having problems getting out the new product they said they would do.
I think there isn't a market. I love this game but it was never well laid out despite being a setting that really needs it. They've rolled out new rules but they need more game content and they're not doing it, presumably because they are not seeing profits. It came out during the Cold War when saving the US post-war was really appealing but I don't think that market still exists.