RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 11-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Internet Intellectual

Default PF 005 The Starnaman Incident.

One hundred and fifty years ago the People of Starnaman fought a bloody war of liberation. For over ten years they struggled against a reign of terror. Team H-9 finds itself enmeshed in a legend of horror and hatred passed down to people they do not know. Worst of all, neither the legend nor the evidence makes any sense.........
Old 11-26-2011, 02:57 PM

I enjoy the twist in this module..."Hi we're from the Morrow Project and were here to help you! Why are you pointing those guns at us? And is that a hangman's noose?" The team has to depend on...GASP!!!!...interacting with the locals!

Delta Base is introduced, its a decent idea for a regional supply base, love the cover story.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Internet Intellectual

Yes, I think that the "unfriendly" locals is one of the better parts of this module. Could even mean the Team abandons the area to save their own lives.

I don't really care for the design of Delta base. Is a really inconvenient in the design to have actually operated. I get why the Base is unmanned and the supplies the Team can order limited for game balance and continuity purposes.

The tunnel, ramp, elevator.......... Would all be a real mess if it had been used with the Project happening as planned.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:13 PM

LOL! Never said I liked the layout of Delta, have to agree that the operations side of it is very limited....but then its nothing more than a glorified loading dock!
Old 11-27-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
LOL! Never said I liked the layout of Delta, have to agree that the operations side of it is very limited....but then its nothing more than a glorified loading dock!
I agree, Delta is a logistics nigthmare until you realize the limited access the average team has with the computer.

One game I was in using a "Delta base" concept, the computer had one other function.

In the module, there is a sentence that always facinated me. IF the local commander inserted his card, and the Delta compute verified with PB computer, the local commande had control of Delta.....

All well and good.

Now, picture this, the local commander inserts card, expecting control of Delta, ....

He does. And receives the vector to Prime Base.

IF PB died per canon, the planners would have dispersed the C&C to the local commanders. SO the person with the proper card now knows approximate location of Prime....and a short synopsis of what happened.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 11-27-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post
I agree, Delta is a logistics nigthmare until you realize the limited access the average team has with the computer.

One game I was in using a "Delta base" concept, the computer had one other function.

In the module, there is a sentence that always facinated me. IF the local commander inserted his card, and the Delta compute verified with PB computer, the local commande had control of Delta.....

All well and good.

Now, picture this, the local commander inserts card, expecting control of Delta, ....

He does. And receives the vector to Prime Base.

IF PB died per canon, the planners would have dispersed the C&C to the local commanders. SO the person with the proper card now knows approximate location of Prime....and a short synopsis of what happened.

My $0.02

Mike
Wicked little twist...hmmmmmm
Old 11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Internet Intellectual

Have the supply elevator puke up a cube that is a PC in a case for the newly minted and shocked Delta Commander. One that can raise Teams and gives the Base Logs of the "Event" at PB.

With a "Stay calm, carry on, the Mission must succeed, it is in your hands". Recorded message.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Internet Intellectual

A thought?

Where is the non consumable stuff?

The thugs raided several boltholes (somehow locating them), killed the Team Members, and looted the gear.

So where are the vehicles, weapons, radios, and all the other gear that may not have ammo or power?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:13 AM

wasn't there a mention in the module about that material being smelted for reuse?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
wasn't there a mention in the module about that material being smelted for reuse?

Page 14,

While the locals have a deep and abiding hatred for the evil of the Morrows, they have a love for the equipment, though only small items remain. The vehicles were destroyed as abominations, but their metal was salvaged. Dewey Forbes has inherited a fusion forge which is only used on special occasions and which was the basis of his family's fortune. Witless John Haggerty carries a Morrow Project knife/bayonet in a beaded leather sheath. It is thin with sharpening, but still effective. One of Hamhand's most prized possessions is a stainless steel ax of Morrow Projects issue. These possessions are honored like gold wrested from a troll or a war memento.
The impostors were careful not to let weapons fall into local hands and the locals have kept Henry's coveralls. The XR-311 he drove is right inside the Council Hall on the ground floor (the chambers are above) with it .50 cal M2HB intact but rusted solid. There is no ammo. Henry's sidearm, a Smith and Wesson M27 1/2 is used as a gavel by the Guild President and it too is out of ammunition and in poor repair.

Flits in and out being both ambiguous and specific at the same time.

A nice PD may say that the wheels and tires are available, or the PRC-70 is sitting in the Sheriffs office with a dead battery.

Three teams worth of equipment (except the Teams had only one cache apiece) and 5 caches worth of equipment for each Team spat out by the Delta Base. Then there is the unspecified amounts of equipment also given up by Delta Base. So.......... Is there a Morrow Fusion Charge sitting on a shelf in town somewhere because no one knows what it is?