RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 04-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Here is a good website with a number of different articles on this.

http://cyberneticzoo.com/teleoperato...corp-american/
Old 04-13-2017, 01:21 AM

An interesting thing with militaries is they tend to focus on the oddest priorities outside of actual wartime.

If you look at the security around Peacekeeper Silos some of it was a little surreal. For years the security police patrolled in Peace Keeper APCs which couldn't operate off road or even on road in icy conditions, effectively.

Apparently, the main source of air transport and support is Vietnam era Hueys without the lift capacity to even mount machine guns.

I guess no one really thought the USSR would be sending out divisions of Spetnatz to rush them and if they did they could launch before they got through the blast doors?

So the DOD has an artificially intelligent computer with 4 remote control tanks and laser guns? I suspect they thought that'll do.

As it is Damoclese's real weapon is his smarts. The doors are remote operated? Perfect for splitting up teams or even trapping someone. How about the air conditioning or fire suppressing system?

I suspect lazer armed drones are more of the coup de grace on a team than the first line of defence.

Not to mention the fiendish hint from the scenario description, did the team actually remember to bring their torches with them?