RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 04-12-2017, 08:08 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post

and I like that title "Wild Tales of AFRICOM"
When I was working on it, I was thinking of "Morning Calm" for my Korea work, and "Remember the Alamo" for my San Antonio work.

I'm working on them again -- but very slowly. One day, I'll have something finished to put up on my site.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 04-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Banned

San Antonio would be a very good area for a module - was getting to that in my Olefin Universe thread but put that on hold to finish the sourcebook - will get back to that soon
Old 04-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Internet Intellectual

Why not collaborate on a "technicals and improvised vehicles" book.

A points system based on tech level, materials at hand, builders knowledge, tools available, and time.

Points (or cash) buys chassis, engine, tires, electrical system, hydraulics, brakes, reliability, and common parts. With common, uncommon, difficult to find, rare, and antique affecting availability and cost. Along the lines of Car Wars perhaps?
Old 04-12-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Langham2 View Post
Possible sources for Centurions:

Switzerland (who had bought them from SA in the first place!)

Singapore (from INdia and Israel)

Worth noting that Somalia had 30 Centurions in the late 1980s from Kuwait
Essentially no Centurions survived the Collapse in Somalia. I personally saw the 2nd MEU destroying one near Kismayo so it wouldn't fall into "militia" hands. The UN was also "securing" other large ordinance (howitzers and large AFVs) left over from the Collapse.

What Somalia had in abundance were Toyota trucks (the majority 1980's vintage 2WD and 4WD regular cabs with rotting bodies). These mounted every crew served weapon imaginable and the various factions used them liberally too.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:13 PM

A technicals book would be interesting, particularly if it discussed the locally preferred types (as mentioned up-thread) and had base vehicles to work from to allow a campaign to have its own technicals. Since people have a tendency to want to add everything to their vehicles, some sort of rules for what happens when a frame is overloaded would help.

For Merc, it might also be useful to have civilian armored cars (Brinks trucks) and possibly some construction vehicles like bulldozers or dump trucks.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:35 PM

What about something to adjust the rules to different time periods and settings?

I've posted before about the post-WWI game that I've run (and might do again), and a pre-WW2 or WW2 game might have legs. It was suggested that the Jedburgh missions would be a really good setting for a short-term campaign. During the Cold War, there should be plenty of Merc-style missions or longer-term campaign settings.

Such an article would highlight period weapons whose stats are available in the various sourcebooks or modules, plus conversions for weapons & vehicles that aren't in any of the books.
- Adjustments to character generation (no Computer skill, for instance)
- depending on the campaign, the availability of outside support
- depending on the campaign, opposing forces and potential mission ideas