RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 06-04-2009, 01:53 AM

Default RUPERT WILLIS - Frederick "GREASE" Lincoln

info on the new guy .

I would like to see whatever attachments etc on this PC.

Updates to follow shortly after the character is finished .
Old 06-04-2009, 07:53 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default I wonder ...good or evil or just moneyhungry willis version 2

Old 09-30-2009, 02:49 AM

Default no info?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:35 PM

Default still waiting for willis to post it here

char doc please

pics
Old 11-05-2009, 02:27 AM

Default come on mate!

lets have it !
Old 11-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Out on bail

Default Willies' new face

Here's a mugshot of my new char. I don't have the details, as I ironed out the details last session, the data I have here is no longer valid.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2009, 06:29 AM

Default very good

I ll allow it .
Please add 6-shooter to equipment list as a complimentary GM offering one time only special deal .

Not a bad thing a 6 shooter actually - rugged and reliable .

stats need not be entered but a brief personal history and work history is of interest as well as name etc .
You can add as we go - some waiting can be expected in sessions to come I guess..
Old 11-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Out on bail

I'm a poor lonesome cowboy, and I'm a long, long waaaayy from hooome.

I used to live down south with my family before the war, whenever that was. I worked in my father's shop and picked up the trade from him. Working on trucks side by side with was heaven to me. The smell of oil and brake fluids on the floor. Mmmm those were the days, my friends. Soon I became pretty good, and was doing jobs along side of dad instead of with him.
When the tormoil started, jobs became fewer. I'd saved some money and bought a horse and a rifle - I would hunt for deer and hogs to add to the menu, and for sale. It was a pertty good life, and I learnt a lot. Good things and bad.

When mom split on us, I got kinda restless. Dad saw what I was going through, and pulled some strings for me with a couple of the guys he'd been working for. Pretty soon he fixed me a job with WilliesCo, working as a mechanic on the railway. I worked hard, and got noticed, and after a few years, I ended up close to Eureka. I built a small cabin for the horse and myself. It was lonely, but nevertheless it was what I wanted. Life was good to me, at least until all hell broke loose, and the bombs went off..

When Willies disappeared of the map, NDP took control of everything, and everything went to shit, life took a turn for the worse. Pretty soon there was little or no game to be caught, no cars, no trains, no nothing. I had to move into Eureka and start out as a common ruffian - a hired gun. I don't like it, but that's the way things are right now. I'm not holding my breath for a change either.

I just gotta stay sharper than the next guy, and keep moving.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:10 PM

Default yeah!

now thats a nice write up.Let me embellish some on you current situation :

He spun the cylinder on his six-shooter for the 11th time that grey,bleak dawn and holstered it again.The brown leather and polished steel looked garish against the mottled olive drab of his mopp suit.The troublesome gun traverse on the T-34 he had just unstuck was making a robotic humming sound as the gunner ceaselessly swung the barrel on the 85 mm main gun -like a boy playing with a new favourite toy .He casuallty walked over to the ruin of a brick walled house and squatted.Inside a squad of infantry were digging out positions .In their mopp suits they looked like strange beasts in the grey,dim dawning.Scampering over the debris and clawing with hand tools at the dirt and debris.He watched their slow progress for a fe minutes and then stood.In a little while a HMG .50 cal would be set up here and undoubtedly draw fire from all sorts of NDP unpleasantry.

No need to stick around for that .

Up at the line ,300 meters or so away ,another casualty was being hurried back to the aid post.The stretcher bearers running crouched double .A RPG round hissed malevolently over their heads and hit a wall some 50 meters ahead .Unfazed they kept on coming .

He had to admire them for that. The body on the stretcher bounced painfully in the straps .God only knew if he would make it .

The din of the battle seemed strangely muted inside the mask and moppsuit hood he had on.

So much so that when he concentrated he could almost imagine it gone .He thought of himself riding through the same ruins on his Appaloosa,cradling an Austrian .308 FN-FAL in his elbow and chewing on a straw.It would make a cool scene in the dusty surroundings he thought.

If he could have ridden without the NBC gear. It was really starting to bother him by now.The mask was slowly suffocating him and the suit made him sweat with every step.But he knew better than to take it off ,like he has seen some do.

The dust that would have made this such a cool scene in a western was radiated.Inhale enough and spitting blood and eventually collapsing was inevitable.

He has seen plenty of those slow,slimey ,cancerous deaths.

A few rifle rounds found their random way to the wall he had placed himself behind.The muted ricochet sounds brought him back .Just moments after finishing up his mechanic work ,the vehicle commander had informed him that the big chief wanted all assault team personel up atthe brick houses for a renewed push . That meant him .

What was so important about this place anyways ?

They would be pushing off soon ,so he started making his way up to the line.He ran from a corner still standing to a pile of debris that was once a house and knelt down .Panting he squinted through the glass of his mask and took bearing on a low foundation wall with charred bits of timber still attached to it .Just as he got up to make the dash -a few rifle rounds hit the debris covering him . A jolt of cold fear sped through him making his hands shake instantly. Had they spotted him?

He couldnt remember how he got there but suddenly the run was over and he was lying prone behind the foundation wall .Still 150 meters to go to the brick houses.
Sweat trickle ddown his back and started to cool .Soon he would be clammy and cold again.

Some tracers zaped erratically overhead .MG fire he thought.

This was going to be a long 150 meters.

Last edited by headquarters; 11-06-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:40 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies View Post
Here's a mugshot of my new char. I don't have the details, as I ironed out the details last session, the data I have here is no longer valid.
I hope you're gonna play the man and not the horse haha

allthough you would get a really good movement rate...on the other hand you would be a big target.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:03 AM

Default but ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain View Post
I hope you're gonna play the man and not the horse haha

allthough you would get a really good movement rate...on the other hand you would be a big target.
could run on grass and not particular about lodgings...

Hell of a guy to share a shelter half tent with though..one fart and oxygene levels drop dramatically.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:40 AM

Default update

SHANDON ,CA OCT.11th 0831 hrs TEMP : +2 C*

Grease felt the unwelcome chilly draft of outside air streaming in to cool his sweat soaked fatigues through the multiple shrapnel and bullet holes in his PainTek mk2 MOPP suit . The realization was not enough to stop him in his desperate run away from the bunker with its omnious klaxon of doom sounding ever more faintly as he ran.The steady buzzing of his breath sounded from the gasmask filter .It was almost soothing compared to the stress level of inside the bunker.Shouts,screams and gunfire had given him an uncomfortable ringing in the ears - it felt like it was going to be permanent. As he cleared the gun emplacement where DeCorba was busy reloading a new shell into the breach , his steps tok him out into the open area surrounding the bunker .The NDP had done a great job of clearing the fields of fire and filling in all the little depressions in the terrain here !
From a technical standpoint it was smartly done.
A deep ravine ran North to south crossing his route directly in front of him some 300 meters away.

That had to be the best cover .It was at least 100 meters across at the rim and looked to be plenty deep to cover him from both spotters and gunners that were bound to be positioned further out from the bunker.

The little village about 700 meters south seemed to be teeming with them At least 2 companies worth of NDP were swarming around down there ,conducting an orderly retreat for some reason .

To the north ,towards the mountains he could see a line of soldiers retreating as well , they looked like tiny ants on a hill as they moved in unison -away .retreating as well.

The hot airblast and roar from an old Huey helicopter buzzing by not more than 30 meters overhead rattled him .

That birdie had come suddenly!

He was suddenly aware that he was trailing a possè ,the two young prisoners they had released were behind him and slowly catching up .
Or one of them was -the other had turned back and was jumping from one foot to the other -as trying to decide which way to run .

Up on the mountain , a small gathering of black specs against the dull reddish grey of the stone face had detached itself from the main line of figures moving north. They were heading towards him .But still almost half a mile away.

Panting he looked down the length of the ravine and saw movement . Three dust covered dirtbikes were heading up the ravine trail -engines screeching high pitched. Both carried a dusty mopp suited NDP trooper as well as the driver .

So not everyone was running here ...

Overhead , the helicopter was making another pass .This time in a wide slow arc at around 250 meters height and about 500 meters out . it looked like it was circling the area.

In the east a pale sun rose in the dusty haze.

It gave no warmth.

He glanced over his shoulder and saw that Iron Man was out in the open too ,running for the ravine but at a more southernly route . Out of breath he tried a warning shout .

But Iron Man was too far of to hear him through the mask.

"Got to keep on moving and stay sharper than the other guy " he reminded himself.

250 meters to go .
Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Out on bail

I must admit, the outlook is bleak. But having reacently read "the Road", I realise there is hope as long as you got a pulse.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:55 AM

Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies View Post
I must admit, the outlook is bleak. But having reacently read "the Road", I realise there is hope as long as you got a pulse.
awesome book - recommend others by McCarthy like "Child of God","Blood Meridian" , "The border Trilogy" . Different but awesome.

As for running out of the bunker and into the carefully planned open fields of fire that around it ( an area that is at least partially encircled by an elite brigade of NDP) , -yes it is choosing the bleaker route.

Of course -staying inside a nuclear bunker with red warning lighst flashing and sirens going "AAA--OOOO-GAAAH!" every 5 seconds isnt actually less bleak.

You guys did say you wanted :

unpredictable scenarios
darker mood
hopeless,desperate battles against overwhelming odds
the horrors of modern warfare
sachlichkeit
higher death rate
less admin and more bullet time

dare I say-"check " on all of the above?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Out on bail

I never said I was disgruntled. If anything, I like it.
From the 80's I remember a TV-series about nuclear waste, and a police man trying to find his missing daughter. Turned out she was a environmentalist and had ventured into the sludge filled caverns beneath a nuclear facillity to look for evidence of crimes against mother earth. In the end her father the police man died from radiation poisoning, and the evil nuclear business men won. I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
awesome book - recommend others by McCarthy like "Child of God","Blood Meridian" , "The border Trilogy" . Different but awesome.

As for running out of the bunker and into the carefully planned open fields of fire that around it ( an area that is at least partially encircled by an elite brigade of NDP) , -yes it is choosing the bleaker route.

Of course -staying inside a nuclear bunker with red warning lighst flashing and sirens going "AAA--OOOO-GAAAH!" every 5 seconds isnt actually less bleak.

You guys did say you wanted :

unpredictable scenarios
darker mood
hopeless,desperate battles against overwhelming odds
the horrors of modern warfare
sachlichkeit
higher death rate
less admin and more bullet time

dare I say-"check " on all of the above?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Default ahemm..

are you saying you see your character as a young girl and the GM as an evil nuclear waste disposal billionaire ?

I remember something like that series..did the baddies win ?

nah..I didnt think you were disgruntled

I just like saying I told you so.