RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2016, 05:19 PM

Default Starnaman vs Fall-back

I was reading Fallback again. And I realized a MAJOR hole in the logic of the scenario. IF KFS launches the Great War, then the Village of Starnaman and the Delta Base are HOSED. Hell the idea of KFS is directly opposed to Starnaman. A small, independent community that has withstood the ravages of time.

The KFS would swarm a small black powder community under with the artillery and armored cars.

Plus the idea of KFS having access to Delta Base???!!!?? AND surviving Morrow Teams?

Solutions:

Starnaman is not in Kentucky. Easiest and quickest fix. Still have to careful since the KFS Great War will range up and down the Mississippi.

KFS is NOT the big bad bogey man as portrayed in "Bullets and Bluegrass" or the monster that is in "Fallback". I really do not know how to re-write the KFS into something manageable. I think that your average recon group will be more like the Spartans at Thermopylae.

IMHO, the First Armored Division as it appears in "Operation Lonestar" MIGHT be a good opponent. Except for the KFS having P-47's. This could be offset with the 1st Armor being linked up with Morrow and Morrow using Stinger Anti-Air extensively. There are only 50 some P-47's per the KFS TO&E. This is doable.

The First Armor DOES have DUAPFSDS. The KFS has HE and solid shot. The armor battle SHOULD go to First Armored.

I think I will get off of my soap box now. (About damn time according to my wife.)

My $0.02

Mike