RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-2010, 10:21 PM
sic1701 sic1701 is offline
sic1701
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 93
Default Twilight Nightmares (was Your Preferred T2K Timeline)

One of the previous posters mentioned the "Twilight Nightmares" book...what was the jist of that book? I have heard of it, but know nothing about it. Can someone clarify?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2010, 10:28 PM
kato13's Avatar
kato13 kato13 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago, Il USA
Posts: 3,307
Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Twilight Nightmares (was Your Preferred T2K Timeline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1701 View Post
One of the previous posters mentioned the "Twilight Nightmares" book...what was the jist of that book? I have heard of it, but know nothing about it. Can someone clarify?
They are short adventures which could come from the X-files. They have E.T.s, intelligent dogs, giant mutant animals, self aware computers, etc. It is a very worthwhile read.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2010, 05:33 AM
StainlessSteelCynic's Avatar
StainlessSteelCynic StainlessSteelCynic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1701 View Post
One of the previous posters mentioned the "Twilight Nightmares" book...what was the jist of that book? I have heard of it, but know nothing about it. Can someone clarify?
From what I remember it was a "What if" type book of scenarios very much in the vein of the X-Files as Kato has said. It was meant as something different to throw at the players if they wanted a change of pace but I vaguely recall it was all meant as a sort of a "if the players don't like it pretend it was a dream" idea.
For a little more information check this page http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ts_id=325&it=1
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2010, 03:02 PM
sic1701 sic1701 is offline
sic1701
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 93
Default

As in, historical "What Ifs?"?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2010, 03:24 PM
kato13's Avatar
kato13 kato13 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago, Il USA
Posts: 3,307
Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1701 View Post
As in, historical "What Ifs?"?
No more like what if there were two extra-terrestrials who look human wandering around Poland, or what if the "Warlord" enslaving people with remote controlled vehicles is actually a sentient Artificial intelligence. There are "Jurrasic Park", "Predator" and "Them" story lines as well.

My running of Damocles (from Morrow Project) pulled a few bits from the sentient AI one.

edit
here is a link to rpghost
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ters=0_0_10115

Last edited by kato13; 03-07-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2010, 11:16 PM
sglancy12's Avatar
sglancy12 sglancy12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
No more like what if there were two extra-terrestrials who look human wandering around Poland, or what if the "Warlord" enslaving people with remote controlled vehicles is actually a sentient Artificial intelligence. There are "Jurrasic Park", "Predator" and "Them" story lines as well.

My running of Damocles (from Morrow Project) pulled a few bits from the sentient AI one.
Of all the scenarios in Twilight Nightmares, the best one, IMHO, was "Warlord." The others were a bit too informed by particular movies, as Kato13 mentioned above. I really liked the robot tanks in Warlord. They were particularly menacing. I especially liked the self-aware installation enslaving humans to perform the functions it can't perform for itself and creating a elite of "trustees" to supervice the other humans.

I think there might have enven been an option for the Warlord to turn out to be an update of the Wizard of Oz in so far as there is no self-aware A.I., just a guy down in the heart of the installation pretending to be the big scary sentient computer.

A. Scott Glancy, President TCCorp, dba Pagan Publishing
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2010, 01:11 PM
boogiedowndonovan's Avatar
boogiedowndonovan boogiedowndonovan is offline
Activist Rules Lawyer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: norcal
Posts: 309
Default

I actually liked the Predator influenced Merc 2k scenario in the Brazilian rainforest.

And come to think of it, the "Warlords" scenario sounds a little like "Terminator" or even the Stephen King book/movie Maximum Overdrive.

I always thought the dinosaur scenario was a tie in to the GDW Cadillacs and Dinosaurs game (which was based on a comic). Did anyone else pick up Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? Never played it, but I was working on a T2k/Cadillacs and Dinosaurs scenario for my t2k gaming group shortly before we all parted ways. I wasn't going to tell them about crossing over into dino land either, hehe.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 PM
pmulcahy11b's Avatar
pmulcahy11b pmulcahy11b is offline
The Stat Guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiedowndonovan View Post
I always thought the dinosaur scenario was a tie in to the GDW Cadillacs and Dinosaurs game (which was based on a comic). Did anyone else pick up Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? Never played it, but I was working on a T2k/Cadillacs and Dinosaurs scenario for my t2k gaming group shortly before we all parted ways. I wasn't going to tell them about crossing over into dino land either, hehe.
Well, of course you don't tell them they're crossing into dino land! I didn't tell my players they crossed into a D&D land when I did that to them, either!

I never played C&D, but I "sort of" have it. I know I have a physical copy of it around here somewhere, but I've long since scanned it so it will be easier to find.
__________________
All that stuff we know -- what if we're wrong? --Science Channel

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-09-2010, 07:47 AM
waiting4something's Avatar
waiting4something waiting4something is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiedowndonovan View Post
I actually liked the Predator influenced Merc 2k scenario in the Brazilian rainforest.

And come to think of it, the "Warlords" scenario sounds a little like "Terminator" or even the Stephen King book/movie Maximum Overdrive.

I always thought the dinosaur scenario was a tie in to the GDW Cadillacs and Dinosaurs game (which was based on a comic). Did anyone else pick up Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? Never played it, but I was working on a T2k/Cadillacs and Dinosaurs scenario for my t2k gaming group shortly before we all parted ways. I wasn't going to tell them about crossing over into dino land either, hehe.
Yeah I liked the Predator theme one in Brazil too. I would have changed a lot of the story line though and made it more like the movie Predator. I'm pretty sure that one will kill everyone off, unless they just said screw this and left.
The "Them" one was pretty cool and I think the idea was really stolen from the film Aliens. I think a line from Private Hudson was written in the book as well. The adventure in the Phillipines "THIS AIN'T NO WEATHER BALLOON" was a good story too. The rest just seemed kind of blah. I liked the idea, even though it's sci-fi and would really piss a lot of players off. We always hear of strange lights in the sky and unexplained monters, so what the hell.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:05 AM
waiting4something's Avatar
waiting4something waiting4something is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 316
Default

I always thought it would have been cool if they did a Twilight story in Romania Transylvania with a vampire like clan or a legend of a wolf man or something lose in the country side attacking people. I guess it could be anywhere, but in Romania it would be more old school with some history to it.

Last edited by waiting4something; 03-09-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM
sic1701 sic1701 is offline
sic1701
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 93
Default

And I gotta ask...how many of you have incorporated some kind of zombie-apocalypse into your campaign?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Cpl. Kalkwarf Cpl. Kalkwarf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1701 View Post
And I gotta ask...how many of you have incorporated some kind of zombie-apocalypse into your campaign?
Yup did that, still playing it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
sic1701 sic1701 is offline
sic1701
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Kalkwarf View Post
Yup did that, still playing it.
Excellent!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventures, modules


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.