RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 03-26-2017, 08:10 AM

Isn't having kids that age alittle like LIVING in a post-apoc war zone? (I have two boys 2.5 and 4)
Old 03-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano View Post
Isn't having kids that age alittle like LIVING in a post-apoc war zone? (I have two boys 2.5 and 4)
At times more than just a little, even though the older one is a girl - but then again she's a bit of a tomboy. I'm pretty sure, she might actually do the conscript service, when she comes of the age.

But, that's that for the said subject. I'm actually planning on writing up a story with the help of the game rules, once I get through with generating the central cast for it.
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano View Post
Just remember how cute they are now when they are coming home and saying... "Dad, I wrecked the car."

Kids are cute when they are small so you don't kill them. Later on, you have too much time and money invested in them to even contemplate it. I had two good ones and a third that fulfilled the "Mother's Curse."
Old 03-27-2017, 11:21 PM

I have one that's 17 and another that's nearly 2... what was I thinking?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Clearly, there's a lot you forgot in 15 years

Uncle Ted
Old 03-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
The question should be evident, as well as what you were thinking with...
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:45 PM

Default A Rules Modification Back To V2.2

I was wondering if anyone had ever considered backtracking the TW2K13 rules to a more V2.2-like version. I wonder how much modification it would take to the Reflex System to just roll a single 1D20 BUT still use the Margins of Success and Margins of Failure the system uses. My first thought is to add the Skill Level number to the Base Target Number (as determined by the task's required characteristic score). I'd then add the modifiers but drop the limit of +5 to the Target Number bonuses. This seems to balance the Margin of Success probability when using only a single die to determine success.

Has anyone ever tried this?
Old 04-22-2017, 07:47 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
I was wondering if anyone had ever considered backtracking the TW2K13 rules to a more V2.2-like version. I wonder how much modification it would take to the Reflex System to just roll a single 1D20 BUT still use the Margins of Success and Margins of Failure the system uses. My first thought is to add the Skill Level number to the Base Target Number (as determined by the task's required characteristic score). I'd then add the modifiers but drop the limit of +5 to the Target Number bonuses. This seems to balance the Margin of Success probability when using only a single die to determine success.

I've all but completely abandoned Reflex. With the clarity of hindsight, it'd be adequate as a computer-mediated system but it's too slow and cumbersome for the sort of tabletop play I prefer. Recently, I've found myself returning once again to one of its inspirations: the Synergy engine in second edition Blue Planet.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 04-22-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
I've all but completely abandoned Reflex. With the clarity of hindsight, it'd be adequate as a computer-mediated system but it's too slow and cumbersome for the sort of tabletop play I prefer. Recently, I've found myself returning once again to one of its inspirations: the Synergy engine in second edition Blue Planet.

- C.
That's a shame after you invested so much in TW2K13. Your CUF rules are second to none and I use a simplified TICK system for Initiative. I also think your use of Qualifications as "subskills" was revolutionary.

I would love to see an "evolutionary" version of Twilight using the best features from all of the previous editions of the game.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:21 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
That's a shame after you invested so much in TW2K13. Your CUF rules are second to none and I use a simplified TICK system for Initiative. I also think your use of Qualifications as "subskills" was revolutionary.

I would love to see an "evolutionary" version of Twilight using the best features from all of the previous editions of the game.
I do appreciate the words. We did most of the design work on Reflex over 2006-07, so it's been a decade... and I have, over those years, occasionally thought about what I'd do differently. The answer is "a hell of a lot." Honestly, I think the initiative system would be the first thing to go. In my playtesting and demo games, it's the hardest thing for new players to pick up, which means it's a significant barrier to entry - or a massive logistical burden on the GM. I'd also move a lot of sub-rules, like encumbrance and survival, from rigid simulations to a more narrative approach. Unfortunately, in doing that, I think I'd alienate the small percentage of the 2.0/2.2 fan base that still likes Reflex too. So I'd basically be writing a game system just for me. Not much of a return on investment in that...

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 04-23-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:

I plan to use the construction and computer net rules with V2.2. and try to modify some of the civilian careers and the final year. I will use a future timeline.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Trongard
Cool SpyCraft 2.0

SpyCraft 2.0 is available from drivethrurpg for very little cost... converts T2K13 to D20...

Tags
air combat, expanded medical rules, tw2013 weapons, tw2k13